Maintenance videos

Sky Fly

Guest
Hi,

I get a bit jealous sometimes when I read stories of urc'ers who strip down a bike blindfold with
one hand tied behind their back and rebuild it as a recumbent. I'd like to be able to develop my
mechanical knowledge to more than just being able to change a flat and oil my chain, but I don't
find it easy understanding diagrams/pictures on bike maintenance. Does anyone know if there are any
videos on the subject, or failing that if there are any regular bike mechanic classes held anywhere
in the London area?

TIA,

--
Akin

aknak at aksoto dot idps dot co dot uk

Sky Fly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get a bit jealous sometimes when I read stories of urc'ers who strip down a bike blindfold with
> one hand tied behind their back and rebuild it as a recumbent. I'd like to be able to develop my
> mechanical knowledge to more than just being able to change a flat and oil my chain, but I don't
> find it easy understanding diagrams/pictures on bike maintenance. Does anyone know if there are
> any videos on the subject, or failing that if there are any regular bike mechanic classes held
> anywhere in the London area?
>
> TIA,

These do cycling maintenance videos.I have not used them myself so no personal recommendations.

http://www.bikeinn.free-online.co.uk/front.htm

Sam Salt

---

Sky Fly wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get a bit jealous sometimes when I read stories of urc'ers who strip down a bike blindfold with
> one hand tied behind their back and rebuild it as a recumbent. I'd like to be able to develop my
> mechanical knowledge to more than just being able to change a flat and oil my chain, but I don't
> find it easy understanding diagrams/pictures on bike maintenance. Does anyone know if there are
> any videos on the subject, or failing that if there are any regular bike mechanic classes held
> anywhere in the London area?

Have a look at:

http://www.cycletraining.co.uk/

They may have just what you are after. I would think a course would be better than a video as you
will be able to be more specific about your own personal requirements - and you would probably take
your own bike.

John B