Maintenance videos

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Sky Fly, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Sky Fly

    Sky Fly Guest

    Hi,

    I get a bit jealous sometimes when I read stories of urc'ers who strip down a bike blindfold with
    one hand tied behind their back and rebuild it as a recumbent. I'd like to be able to develop my
    mechanical knowledge to more than just being able to change a flat and oil my chain, but I don't
    find it easy understanding diagrams/pictures on bike maintenance. Does anyone know if there are any
    videos on the subject, or failing that if there are any regular bike mechanic classes held anywhere
    in the London area?

    TIA,

    --
    Akin

    aknak at aksoto dot idps dot co dot uk

    Tags:

  2. Sam Salt

    Sam Salt Guest

    Sky Fly wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I get a bit jealous sometimes when I read stories of urc'ers who strip down a bike blindfold with
    > one hand tied behind their back and rebuild it as a recumbent. I'd like to be able to develop my
    > mechanical knowledge to more than just being able to change a flat and oil my chain, but I don't
    > find it easy understanding diagrams/pictures on bike maintenance. Does anyone know if there are
    > any videos on the subject, or failing that if there are any regular bike mechanic classes held
    > anywhere in the London area?
    >
    > TIA,

    These do cycling maintenance videos.I have not used them myself so no personal recommendations.

    http://www.bikeinn.free-online.co.uk/front.htm

    Sam Salt

    ---

  3. JohnB

    JohnB Guest

    Sky Fly wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I get a bit jealous sometimes when I read stories of urc'ers who strip down a bike blindfold with
    > one hand tied behind their back and rebuild it as a recumbent. I'd like to be able to develop my
    > mechanical knowledge to more than just being able to change a flat and oil my chain, but I don't
    > find it easy understanding diagrams/pictures on bike maintenance. Does anyone know if there are
    > any videos on the subject, or failing that if there are any regular bike mechanic classes held
    > anywhere in the London area?

    Have a look at:

    http://www.cycletraining.co.uk/

    They may have just what you are after. I would think a course would be better than a video as you
    will be able to be more specific about your own personal requirements - and you would probably take
    your own bike.

    John B

  4. James

    James Guest

    "Sky Fly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > on bike maintenance. Does anyone know ... if there are any regular bike mechanic classes held
    > anywhere in the London area?

    there are lots but I cannot find an online reference to all of them. You could contact the LCC
    http://www.lcc.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=282 and ask them or if you give an idea of area I might be
    able to suggest one

    best wishes james