Making a quick release, a REAL quick release! Help!

metomeya

Oct 16, 2004
Okay, I live on campus, and thus my car is pretty far from where I live. So riding a bike there is ideal to save time. But its not far enough to put up with the pain of removing the first wheel, and and to putt it all together afterward.

So here is are my questions.

1.) Detaching the brake is the hardest part, is there a brake I can buy for my front tire that is more of a quick release? (see picture).

2.) My quick release has the springs separate, is there anyway to weld those together (JB welds? you think it will work)? (see picture)

thanks

Just pop the metal piping out of the hanger on the arm. If you squeeze your brakes together it should be able to come out no problem.

Spot on with the brake tip. For the spring problem, have you tried not completely undoing the nut and leaving it all on the wheel?

filator said:
Spot on with the brake tip. For the spring problem, have you tried not completely undoing the nut and leaving it all on the wheel?
You are supposed to leave it all on the wheel. That is way it is intended to be used. Only loosen the nut enough to get the wheel to come free from the fork/dropouts.