Making cargo / kid trailer out of BMX bike

Robert Haston

Guest
I look at those $$$ cargo trailers and see: a front mounting fork, a swivel
pivot for the cargo frame, and a small trailing wheel.

If you are willing to go with a little higher and closer frame, and two big
panniers instead of one big bag, mounting a BMX bike sans drive train seems
the way to go.

Another good point if it is a real BMX bike, it could handle big loads, even
giving a friend a lift.

It seems a good match for a 20" wheel 'bent.

Anyone see such as thing?

--
Robert Haston
Satellite Beach, FL

Poiter

Guest
Robert Haston wrote:
> I look at those $$$ cargo trailers and see: a front mounting fork, a
> swivel pivot for the cargo frame, and a small trailing wheel.
> If you are willing to go with a little higher and closer frame, and two
> big panniers instead of one big bag, mounting a BMX bike sans drive
> train seems the way to go.
> Another good point if it is a real BMX bike, it could handle big loads,
> even giving a friend a lift.
> It seems a good match for a 20" wheel 'bent.
> Anyone see such as thing?
> --
> Robert Haston Satellite Beach, FL

Robert Some ideas here: