making fresh skidmarks.....

CrippledCheatah

Jun 25, 2005
:eek:
First post! woohoo! Just got back into cycling to improve my health. today, I just got over 100 miles on my new flat bar road bike. I only get a chance to ride a few days a week, but have been trying to maintain a 10+mile day cycling regime when i do ride. I hoping to work up to 20 miles.:rolleyes:
Currently were i live, there are is a large host of concrete bike paths that extend for 25+ miles right outside my front door. :D anyways, ciao'!
:cool:
CC

Welcome to the ultimate sport in the world. :) Keep riding! If you have just started and are averaging a few rides a week of about 16km then you are doing well. Be constant, have some patience, and pretty soon you will be mixing it up with the fast boys! ;)

Glad you're back. Ride, and "wrench". I don't know your level of mechanical aptitude, but most bike maintenance is very possible for the average person with just a few inexpensive special tools. Most LBS employees give advice freely and will be content to sell you tools, tires, pumps and all the other stuff. Lots of online tech resources (Park tools, Sheldon Brown), and the advice of our fellow forum members. Keep a wrench to it, and it will stay "as new", and will never let you down. Ride safely and have fun!

Congratulations, it's a great feeling. Even better when you see the improvement.

Nearly had a hairy wreck myself last weekend. I left fresh skidmarks, but they weren't on the road...

p38lightning said:
Glad you're back. Ride, and "wrench". I don't know your level of mechanical aptitude, but most bike maintenance is very possible for the average person with just a few inexpensive special tools. Most LBS employees give advice freely and will be content to sell you tools, tires, pumps and all the other stuff. Lots of online tech resources (Park tools, Sheldon Brown), and the advice of our fellow forum members. Keep a wrench to it, and it will stay "as new", and will never let you down. Ride safely and have fun!
I maintain all of my bikes and really enjoy rebuilding really junky bikes from years past.

I have saved at least $350.00 in bike repair bills

well, so far i have ridden 230 miles total, averaging about 13-14 miles a day when i'm home and not traveling, lost about 12 pounds, and I invested in a pair of cycling shoes and a polar heart monitor. My rides normally last an hours or so, so i feel that this is a good work out. i ridden 2~20+mile rides, and the only issues i have are with nutty squirrels and rabbid rabbits that seem to be slightly suicidal like a looney lemming running off a cliff for no reason. :eek:
peace...
cc