Making Your Voice Heard

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by BillyBlass, Jul 16, 2005.

1. BillyBlass

BillyBlass New Member

If anyone is dissatisfied with particular cycling representatives, how do you make your choice known to the governing bodies?

From what I know, you have to attend your provincial AGM and take part in the elections. Gaining good knowlege of what is happening in your province beforehand is a good prerequisite. From there, I believe each provincial president (and others?) will vote on CCA level governing body.

If you want to see change this year, you will have to contact your present reps due to the fact that Provincial elections take place near or after CCA AGM's.

Please add your comments or advice. Thanks.

Tags:

2. Eddie Arzouian

You do not necessarily need to attend your provincial AGMs, though certainly that cannot hurt.

As for the Canadian CYCLING Association (CCA) the governing body of the sport here in Canada that is led by two people with NO CYCLING EXPERIENCE, the President of the CCA is elected by the other Presidents of the 11 proince and territoires (that's like having the police policing the police) plus three or four delegated representatives of the different disciplines and/or committees. Proxy votes are allowed at the AGM so it is possible that only a small handful of provincial officials will be present in Whitehorse, Yukon this November and have their provincial votes in their pockets.

Ideally license holders should be calling and writing their provincial presidents and delegates and asking them how they plan to vote and why.

You should make your thoughts and opinion known now so another ineffectual puppet is not elected from the worse cycling province in the country.

Elect Lesley Tomlinson, a member of the CCA Board of Directors, a resident of British Columbia, the most dynamic cycling province in the country right now and a woman for the CCA that has never had a woman president despite women giving us all our best international results.

3. BillyBlass

BillyBlass New Member

I read your threads on Pedalmag saying the same thing. So I have to ask: Has Lesley actually stated that she is up for nomination?

You pointed out BC being the most dynamic cycling province in the country right now, so why not nominate the president of Cycling BC?

I think both are good candidates, but do they want the job? I do not know. I have heard or read nothing on the matter. Not even a bit of rumour or innuendo.

4. Eddie Arzouian

Yes, certainly Wayne Pomario the President of BC cycling ocud be good CCA Presidnet. I know Wayne. I like Him. I think he does good work as aCommisaire. HE knows the sport, that's for sure. I find him very trustworthy whereas some of his other commissaire cooleagues I have problems with.

They are truth-challenged shall we shall....

Is Lesley Tomlinson running for CCA President? I have been throgh this exercise before on Pedal Forum.

When I first suggested Lelsey as a potential President back in December 2004 or so, I had not spoken to her at all about that. In the interim I have asked the question to others, "Does Lelsey want me to stop proposing her name?"

So far nobody has told me that she would prefer I stop. She has not todl me to stop. You can infer what you like from that. I have exchanged many thoughts with Lesley in the past year or so. We have never discussed her plans. She has seen all my suggestions.

Again, you can infer what you like from that.

Frankly, anybody would be better than the current CCA President Bill Kinash who has only offered excuses and delays for his many mistakes and failures. He points to a new COO who knows nothingabout cycling as an advance. He will claims to finally have hired a Marketing Director after leaving the post empty through the Road World Championships and a complete Olympic year and its follow-up only to fill it with another person who knows nothing about her sport.

The CCA-Hamilton Foundation did absolutely nothing for 14 months. After that all they have done is write by-laws and set up the organization. So, now, about 15 months later, they have still done nothing.

Do you think that is progress? I think they are barely keeping their head about water.