Malcolm Elliott

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Chickasmith, May 1, 2003.

  1. Chickasmith

    Chickasmith Guest

    Since Malcolm Elliott is making a 'comeback' to racing at the age of 43 (he came fourth recently in
    the UCI 1.5 ranked race of the Archer GP) can someone ask him to update his book called "Sprinter"?
    It was released in around 1990, so there is another 10+ years to go through which includes more time
    in Spain, some tme in the US, some time being a model in the "news of the world' and of course now
    his comeback at 43 yrs of age. I enjoyed the book, and would like to see it updated ;-)

    Tags:

  2. On Fri, 2 May 2003 13:59:35 +1000, "chickasmith" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Since Malcolm Elliott is making a 'comeback' to racing at the age of 43 (he came fourth recently in
    >the UCI 1.5 ranked race of the Archer GP) can someone ask him to update his book called "Sprinter"?
    >It was released in around 1990, so there is another 10+ years to go through which includes more
    >time in Spain, some tme in the US, some time being a model in the "news of the world' and of course
    >now his comeback at 43 yrs of age. I enjoyed the book, and would like to see it updated ;-)

    According to this he's "only" 41

    http://www.scuonline.org/newsdetail.asp?Nid=193&DID=2

    He made a big impression in the Girvan by many accounts - not just his performance, but his race
    reading and professional approach.

    Stephen

  3. Russell

    Russell Guest

    Steve McGinty <[email protected]_DOT_.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 2 May 2003 13:59:35 +1000, "chickasmith" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Since Malcolm Elliott is making a 'comeback' to racing at the age of 43
    (he
    > >came fourth recently in the UCI 1.5 ranked race of the Archer GP) can someone ask him to update
    > >his book called "Sprinter"? It was released in around 1990, so there is another 10+ years to go
    > >through which includes
    more
    > >time in Spain, some tme in the US, some time being a model in the "news
    of
    > >the world' and of course now his comeback at 43 yrs of age. I enjoyed
    the
    > >book, and would like to see it updated ;-)
    > >
    > According to this he's "only" 41
    >
    > http://www.scuonline.org/newsdetail.asp?Nid=193&DID=2
    >
    > He made a big impression in the Girvan by many accounts - not just his performance, but his race
    > reading and professional approach.
    >

    > Stephen

    Just out of interest, has anyone ever heard of a top british junior track rider called Nick Elliott
    back somewhere in the 70's?

    thanks Russell

  4. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Just out of interest, has anyone ever heard of a top british junior track rider called Nick
    > Elliott back somewhere in the 70's?

    Are you thinking of Nick Lelliott?

    --
    Dave...

  5. Russell

    Russell Guest

    [email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    > > Just out of interest, has anyone ever heard of a top british junior track rider called Nick
    > > Elliott back somewhere in the 70's?
    >
    > Are you thinking of Nick Lelliott?

    Yes it was Lelliott! My sister was telling me over the phone that she

    Do you have any more info please?

    thanks Russell

  6. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    [email protected] (Russell) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Yes it was Lelliott! My sister was telling me over the phone that she

    > Do you have any more info please?

    He was an outstanding junior time triallist with huge thighs and a barrel chest. I seem to remember
    his father owned a construction company. That's about it I'm afraid.

    --
    Dave...

  7. Jan

    Jan Guest