Malcolm Elliott

Status

Chickasmith

Guest
Since Malcolm Elliott is making a 'comeback' to racing at the age of 43 (he came fourth recently in
the UCI 1.5 ranked race of the Archer GP) can someone ask him to update his book called "Sprinter"?
It was released in around 1990, so there is another 10+ years to go through which includes more time
in Spain, some tme in the US, some time being a model in the "news of the world' and of course now
his comeback at 43 yrs of age. I enjoyed the book, and would like to see it updated ;-)

On Fri, 2 May 2003 13:59:35 +1000, "chickasmith" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Since Malcolm Elliott is making a 'comeback' to racing at the age of 43 (he came fourth recently in
>the UCI 1.5 ranked race of the Archer GP) can someone ask him to update his book called "Sprinter"?
>It was released in around 1990, so there is another 10+ years to go through which includes more
>time in Spain, some tme in the US, some time being a model in the "news of the world' and of course
>now his comeback at 43 yrs of age. I enjoyed the book, and would like to see it updated ;-)

According to this he's "only" 41

http://www.scuonline.org/newsdetail.asp?Nid=193&DID=2

He made a big impression in the Girvan by many accounts - not just his performance, but his race
reading and professional approach.

Stephen

Steve McGinty <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 2 May 2003 13:59:35 +1000, "chickasmith" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Since Malcolm Elliott is making a 'comeback' to racing at the age of 43
(he
> >came fourth recently in the UCI 1.5 ranked race of the Archer GP) can someone ask him to update
> >his book called "Sprinter"? It was released in around 1990, so there is another 10+ years to go
> >through which includes
more
> >time in Spain, some tme in the US, some time being a model in the "news
of
> >the world' and of course now his comeback at 43 yrs of age. I enjoyed
the
> >book, and would like to see it updated ;-)
> >
> According to this he's "only" 41
>
> http://www.scuonline.org/newsdetail.asp?Nid=193&DID=2
>
> He made a big impression in the Girvan by many accounts - not just his performance, but his race
> reading and professional approach.
>

> Stephen

Just out of interest, has anyone ever heard of a top british junior track rider called Nick Elliott
back somewhere in the 70's?

thanks Russell

"Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Just out of interest, has anyone ever heard of a top british junior track rider called Nick
> Elliott back somewhere in the 70's?

Are you thinking of Nick Lelliott?

--
Dave...

[email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
> > Just out of interest, has anyone ever heard of a top british junior track rider called Nick
> > Elliott back somewhere in the 70's?
>
> Are you thinking of Nick Lelliott?

Yes it was Lelliott! My sister was telling me over the phone that she

Do you have any more info please?

thanks Russell

[email protected] (Russell) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Yes it was Lelliott! My sister was telling me over the phone that she

> Do you have any more info please?

He was an outstanding junior time triallist with huge thighs and a barrel chest. I seem to remember
his father owned a construction company. That's about it I'm afraid.

--
Dave...

Try this http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22Nick+%2BLelliott%22&hl=en&lr=&cr=country
UK|countryGB&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&filter=0