Male anatomy problems with saddle (uncomfortable)?

chris

Guest
I have noticed that the saddle is against all my "parts" too much. Sometimes
it can be uncomfortable. What can I do about this? I tried angling the seat
down a little. Should I adjust it down more? I don't want to slide off
either. Thanks

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 01:32:21 +0000, chris wrote:

> I have noticed that the saddle is against all my "parts" too much. Sometimes
> it can be uncomfortable. What can I do about this? I tried angling the seat
> down a little. Should I adjust it down more? I don't want to slide off
> either. Thanks

Sounds like you might just want to get a new saddle with the "cutout" for
the bits and pieces.

I've also found that a firmer saddle without the hole squishes less and
therefore doesn't push into the nether regions.

I'm a committed Brooks fan--though I understand that they aren't the right
fit for everybody. Because they're made from hard leather, you don't sink
in really at all and your penile artery can pump fierce and free. You do
need to tighten them every now and then. My current Brooks, a Champion
Flyer was only $50 on sale. Not bad for a saddle that'll probably last me
at least 5 years--they can last a lifetime with proper care.

Best thing to do is find a shop that's got a setup where you can test a
bunch, fit is really personal--I prefer the Brooks for many reasons--one
being that I've got rather wide sit bones for a guy and the regular turbo
type racing saddles just wedge in between those bones. Ouch and squish.

:D

Interesting comment on the "wide" sit bones.

I am a "large" male, and I believe the reasonably comfortable saddle that I
have on my bike may be a woman's Terry.

It has a cut out, but the rear portion is wider than the other saddles I
own.

A new measurement for the "Fit Kit"......:)

"maxo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

.............I've got rather wide sit bones for a guy and the regular turbo
type racing saddles just wedge in between those bones. Ouch and
squish........

> I have noticed that the saddle is against all my "parts" too much.
Sometimes
> it can be uncomfortable. What can I do about this? I tried angling the

seat
> down a little. Should I adjust it down more? I don't want to slide off
> either. Thanks

I assume you're wearing lycra cycling shorts? That can make a very
significant difference in comfort, since lycra shorts hold things in place
(and prevent friction) far better than loose-fitting alternatives.

Try to avoid having the seat tilted down, as that will cause other problems,
typically a sore neck and shoulders (since you're spending the entire ride
pushing back from the bars so you can maintain your position on the saddle).

Could also be that you have too much drop from the seat to the bars, causing
you to rotate down over the front of the saddle more than is comfortable.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com