Male anatomy problems with saddle (uncomfortable)?

Chris

Guest
I have noticed that the saddle is against all my "parts"
too much. Sometimes it can be uncomfortable. What can I
do about this? I tried angling the seat down a little.
Should I adjust it down more? I don't want to slide off
either. Thanks

Interesting comment on the "wide" sit bones.

I am a "large" male, and I believe the reasonably
comfortable saddle that I have on my bike may be a
woman's Terry.

It has a cut out, but the rear portion is wider than the
other saddles I own.

A new measurement for the "Fit Kit"......:)

"maxo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

............I've got rather wide sit bones for a guy and the
regular turbo type racing saddles just wedge in between
those bones. Ouch and squish........

MJR wrote:

> Interesting comment on the "wide" sit bones.
>
> I am a "large" male, and I believe the reasonably
> comfortable saddle that I have on my bike may be a
> woman's Terry.
>
> It has a cut out, but the rear portion is wider than the
> other saddles I own.
>
> A new measurement for the "Fit Kit"......:)

You jest, but that measurement is at _least_ as important as
any other bike fit measurement! I had saddle problems for
years, until I figured out what my sit-bone spacing was.
Then I could shop for saddles with reasonable confidence.

For the OP: Sometimes you just have to reach down there and
rearrange things. Inconspicuously, of course.

--
--------------------+ Frank Krygowski [To reply, remove
rodent and vegetable dot com, replace with cc.ysu dot edu]

> I have noticed that the saddle is against all my "parts"
> too much.
Sometimes
> it can be uncomfortable. What can I do about this? I tried
> angling the
seat
> down a little. Should I adjust it down more? I don't want
> to slide off either. Thanks

I assume you're wearing lycra cycling shorts? That can make
a very significant difference in comfort, since lycra shorts
hold things in place (and prevent friction) far better than
loose-fitting alternatives.

Try to avoid having the seat tilted down, as that will cause
other problems, typically a sore neck and shoulders (since
you're spending the entire ride pushing back from the bars
so you can maintain your position on the saddle).

Could also be that you have too much drop from the seat to
the bars, causing you to rotate down over the front of the
saddle more than is comfortable.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com