male and female bike difference

"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message a...
> > When I bought those tires at La Bicicletta they assured me those were
> the right tires to be running. The first thing the mechanic at a different shop commented on were
> the cool looking tires. A year and a half later when I replaced the Tom Slicks, they too had
> switched to black sidewalls thereby confirming my avant garde status.

Paul let you into the shop? NEVER,NEVER, WON'T HAPPEN! NOPE, IMPOSSIBLE, CAN'T BE DONE, PERIOD.

Well, actually I saw that happen once, we were standing around the counter looking at the new
Campagnolo Croce D' Aune delta brakes, this was back in the late '80s and little did we know that
those brakes would turn out to be total **** on wet days.

Anyway, all of a sudden this scruffy type comes in with some commuter type bike and needs a tube
for his back tire, we look and the guy has some lame truck tire, I think it was a 700x28 or some
stupid size.

The whole atmosphere in the shop changed while his guy was in there, and for months after Paul was
always going on about how it's time to look for a new location for the shop.

Zoot, do you know that guys like Fabrizio talk about you and say things after you finally
leave the shop?

And don't even think of going into Giuseppe Cramerotti's shop down the street, he will get ol Theo
van Tol to throw you and your bike out.

Not that this makes you a bad guy.

Golighty, that link did a line wrap, there is a seven character stub on the next line that you need
to add to the URL.

Anyway, those are real roadies, every see guys like us when you are out and about on the bike?

Tue, 27 May 2003 02:15:18 GMT, <[email protected]>, Customer Service
Technician, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> advised:

>And don't even think of going into Giuseppe Cramerotti's shop down the street, he will get ol Theo
>van Tol to throw you and your bike out.
>
>Not that this makes you a bad guy.

Giuseppe's boys give me great service and good deals just to get me out of the store, I'm sure.
They've got some interesting stuff in their blow-out bin.

They'll even let me dry off and browse on a rainy day when serious cyclists like you are riding
trainers and racing fantasy videos.
--
zk

Tue, 27 May 2003 02:31:08 GMT, <[email protected]>, The Master "Fabrizio
Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> baited:

>Anyway, those are real roadies, every see guys like us when you are out and about on the bike?

Not likely. He probably takes his killfile with him everywhere he goes.
--
zk

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]>
> Golighty, that link did a line wrap, there is a seven character stub on the next line that you
> need to add to the URL.
>
> Anyway, those are real roadies, every see guys like us when you are out and about on the bike?

Sadly... people like you take your mindless fantasies to the streets. Real roadies... equates to
some loser/s wearing his racing jersey to commute to work.

RU gettin' this?

"Golightly F." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Sadly... people like you take your mindless fantasies to the streets. Real roadies... equates to
> some loser/s wearing his racing jersey to commute to work.
>
> RU gettin' this?

Well those guys are posers, you know amateur riders.

Whereas I and Fabrizio are what you call elite roadies.

I can understand your feelings of being inadequate when you see a top level roadie like me ride by.

It's not that I dislike you, it's just that you look so damn lame.

"Golightly F." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]>
> > "Golightly F." <[email protected]>
> > >
> > That would be great!
>
> Thought so...

That would be terrific, to be wearing the Maglia Rosa jersey on stage 16!

I was doing some tempo climbing the other day and I realized I have the very same climbing style as
Gilberto Simoni and Pietro Caucchioli, as I studied them climbing Monte Zoncolan last Thursday at
the stage 12 finish of the Giro.

It's really nice to be a somebody!

Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

>Guilty secret: I commute on my Pinarello and I own a mountain bike. Will Fabrizio forgive me?

I suspect as long as you do your commute in full Yurropro kit, he may.

>OTOH, I did the very serious Seymour watershed ride last weekend, and put the serious big-ring hurt
>on my riding companions as well as yelling at other cyclists to get out of the way. Then we went to
>Starbucks. That's good, right?

A lot depends on the sunglasses you were wearing at the time, but it sounds pretty
Fab-approved to me.

>Oh yeah, I went back and lead out the stragglers to gap them back up with the rest of the group.
>That's bad, right?

Only if they then buried themselves giving you a workable leadout at the end of the ride. And
besides, if you flat, the replacement wheel has to come from someplace, doesn't it?

On the wildly off chance that the OP will actually look at this...

www.moultoneers.net

On 19 May 2003, Julia Goolia wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Why is there a difference between male bikes and female bikes? The difference seems very stupid to
> me. It also seems like the female bike should be for a male because of the cross bar. Is it
> ok/normal for a male to ride a female bike and vice versa?
>
> thanx, julia

> Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > >Oh yeah, I went back and lead out the stragglers to gap them back up
> >with the rest of the group. That's bad, right?
>
> Only if they then buried themselves giving you a workable leadout at the end of the ride. And
> besides, if you flat, the replacement wheel has to come from someplace, doesn't it?

You guys don't want to be coddling those newbies too much.

Every year I get these riders who have been training like crazy and have been buying the gear and
now want to join in on an Alpha pack ride to test their fitness and learn how to ride a paceline and
see if they can hold the wheel in front when the hammer goes down and things get lined out single
file up the road, if the guy in front cracks and lets a gap open up you have to jump around him,
grab the wheel in front and leave him for dead, his ride is over.

Out of say ten newbies I want to see eight of them realize they don't have the MOJO and take up some
second or third tier sport like golf or mountain biking.

Competitive road cycling is the King of Sports and we don't want it watered down with those types
who weren't born with the correct genes.

In article <[email protected]>, Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Guilty secret: I commute on my Pinarello and I own a mountain bike. Will Fabrizio forgive me?
>
> I suspect as long as you do your commute in full Yurropro kit, he may.

Oh, dear....

> >OTOH, I did the very serious Seymour watershed ride last weekend, and put the serious big-ring
> >hurt on my riding companions as well as yelling at other cyclists to get out of the way. Then we
> >went to Starbucks. That's good, right?
>
> A lot depends on the sunglasses you were wearing at the time, but it sounds pretty
> Fab-approved to me.

Oh dear....

> >Oh yeah, I went back and lead out the stragglers to gap them back up with the rest of the group.
> >That's bad, right?
>
> Only if they then buried themselves giving you a workable leadout at the end of the ride. And
> besides, if you flat, the replacement wheel has to come from someplace, doesn't it?

Oh dear....

> Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

<Fabrizio>You know, Mark, Titanium is all well and good for a training frame or maybe a cyclocross
bike, but you know, Litespeed isn't making frames for the Euro-Pros anymore. It's all carbon fibre
and aluminum these days, and you really must make an effort to keep up. If you showed up on our ride
with one of those unpainted small-tube frames you make, you would be dropped before we left the
parking lot.</Fabrizio>