Mallorca - Bike Help

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Chris Lord, Sep 17, 2003.

  1. Chris Lord

    Chris Lord Guest

    Hi All,

    I'm off to Mallorca near Xmas and in the past have always taken my own road bike. This time I'd like
    to rent a bike and do away with the hassle of ferring a bike bag/box around. Just wondered if any of
    you have rented good quality (I'm thinking alu frames/ultegra kit/etc) road racing bikes out there
    and if so, where from.

    I'm staying in Puerto De Pollensa / Alcudia, if there's anything around that location you guys might
    know about?

    Thanks for any info!

    Chris

    Tags:

  2. Jp

    Jp Guest

    "Chris Lord" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:gXW9b.127$%[email protected]...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm off to Mallorca near Xmas and in the past have always taken my own
    road
    > bike. This time I'd like to rent a bike and do away with the hassle of ferring a bike bag/box
    > around. Just wondered if any of you have rented
    good
    > quality (I'm thinking alu frames/ultegra kit/etc) road racing bikes out there and if so,
    > where from.
    >
    > I'm staying in Puerto De Pollensa / Alcudia, if there's anything around
    that
    > location you guys might know about?
    >
    > Thanks for any info!
    >
    > Chris

    Google, bicycle mallorca

    http://www.clubpollentia.com/ingles/ing_index.htm
    http://www.mallorcaonline.com/hotel/ivory/ivory03u.htm
    http://www.mallorcafact.com/sport_hobby/cycling/orient/info.htm

  3. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    Chris Lord <[email protected]> wrote:

    : I'm off to Mallorca near Xmas and in the past have always taken my own road bike. This time I'd
    : like to rent a bike and do away with the hassle of ferring a bike bag/box around. Just wondered if
    : any of you have rented good quality (I'm thinking alu frames/ultegra kit/etc) road racing bikes
    : out there and if so, where from.

    Send me your real email address and I'll put you in touch with someone who knows.

    Arthur

    --
    Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org "Techolibertarians make a philosophy out of a personality defect"
    - Paulina Borsook

  4. Harry

    Harry Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:45:34 +0100, "Chris Lord" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >I'm off to Mallorca near Xmas and in the past have always taken my own road bike. This time I'd
    >like to rent a bike and do away with the hassle of ferring a bike bag/box around. Just wondered if
    >any of you have rented good quality (I'm thinking alu frames/ultegra kit/etc) road racing bikes out
    >there and if so, where from.
    >
    >I'm staying in Puerto De Pollensa / Alcudia, if there's anything around that location you guys
    >might know about?
    >
    >Thanks for any info!
    >
    >Chris

    I think you might struggle over Christmas. Club Pollentia has quite nice road bikes for hire (Felt
    frames, 105 groupsets) but it is closed from November to February. The bike hire is in the hands of
    a German company called, if I remember correctly, Balearreisen. It might be worth emailing them and
    asking if they are still open for hire even although the hotel is closed.

    The nearest decent bike shop to Pollensa is about 30 miles away in Binissalem. Cycles Gomila. A good
    shop by any standards. The signed yellow jerseys on the wall from Delgado and Indurain - "To my good
    friend Gomila, Miguel Indurain" - let you know that this is a serious enterprise. I bought some kit
    there this summer but didn't see any sign of bike hire.

    I've now taken a bike twice to Club Pollentia without hassle. Will do so again next year. I suspect
    it might be more hassle to try to rent at that time of year.

    Harry