Maloney on BBC

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dan Connelly, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

    Tags:

  2. that's an xlnt article; thanks for the link. btw, i think that song is sung by jimmy ruffin, not
    david ruffin!! e-RICHIE

    "Dan Connelly" <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message news:
    > CyclingNews.com's Tim Maloney was interviewed on BBC radio about Marco Pantani, yesterday. His
    > latest article is at: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/feb04/feb17news1 . It was
    > an interesting statement to the status of CN right now in English-language cycling journalism. Dan

  3. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

  4. From the article- "Armstrong fondly remembered when Pantani had called him in 1997 as he recovered
    from cancer to offer the American a place on his team. "

    I didn't know this. Did Armstron mention it in his book? If so, I must of missed it. Another example
    of how Pantani's public personna didn't necessarily line up with the private man. I've always liked
    Marco. I even have a 5 foot cardboard cutout of him (a Bianci promotional piece) I got from a lbs.

    I will miss him.

    "Dan Connelly" <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > CyclingNews.com's Tim Maloney was interviewed on BBC radio about Marco Pantani, yesterday. His
    > latest article is at: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/feb04/feb17news1 .
    >
    > It was an interesting statement to the status of CN right now in English-language cycling
    > journalism.
    >
    > Dan

  5. Dan Gregory

    Dan Gregory Guest