Man attacked on Glasgow Cycleway, daubed in blue paint.

olice are investigating a bizarre assault after a man was slashed and
covered in blue paint.

The 46-year-old was attacked as he walked along a cycle path in
Whiteinch, Glasgow on Wednesday 4 April.

Officers said the victim was walking along the path near Methil Street
when he was attacked from behind by a group of four or five men.

Strathclyde Police appealed for witnesses to the attack which occurred
between 1830 and 1900 BST.

The gang, all aged between 18 and 25-years-old, attacked the man with
knives and poured a blue paint-like substance over him before running
off.

A passer-by found the injured man and took him to the Western
Infirmary where he was treated for his injuries and detained
overnight.

Detective Constable Lynne Healy, who is based at Partick police
office, is particularly keen to hear from the man who took the victim
to hospital.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6532597.stm

I recognise where it is.

[email protected] wrote:
> olice are investigating a bizarre assault after a man was slashed and
> covered in blue paint.
>
> The 46-year-old was attacked as he walked along a cycle path in
> Whiteinch, Glasgow on Wednesday 4 April.
>
> Officers said the victim was walking along the path near Methil Street
> when he was attacked from behind by a group of four or five men.
>
> Strathclyde Police appealed for witnesses to the attack which occurred
> between 1830 and 1900 BST.
>
> The gang, all aged between 18 and 25-years-old, attacked the man with
> knives and poured a blue paint-like substance over him before running
> off.

Perhaps they were Rangers neds trying to "convert" a Celtic supporter?
If they specified the shade of blue...

On 7 Apr 2007 07:21:58 -0700, [email protected] said in
<[email protected]>:

>The gang, all aged between 18 and 25-years-old, attacked the man with
>knives and poured a blue paint-like substance over him before running
>off.

Woad you believe it.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]>typed

> On 7 Apr 2007 07:21:58 -0700, [email protected] said in
> <[email protected]>:

> >The gang, all aged between 18 and 25-years-old, attacked the man with
> >knives and poured a blue paint-like substance over him before running
> >off.

> Woad you believe it.

"Indigo!" said the dibble when incarcerating the miscreant...

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

"Helen Deborah Vecht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]>typed
>

>> On 7 Apr 2007 07:21:58 -0700, [email protected] said in
>> <[email protected]>:

>> >The gang, all aged between 18 and 25-years-old, attacked the man with
>> >knives and poured a blue paint-like substance over him before running
>> >off.

>> Woad you believe it.

> "Indigo!" said the dibble when incarcerating the miscreant...

'Did you participate in the attack?' asked the investigating officer.

'Azure did' said the suspect

"vernon" <[email protected]>typed

> "Helen Deborah Vecht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]>typed

> >> Woad you believe it.

> > "Indigo!" said the dibble when incarcerating the miscreant...
> >

> 'Did you participate in the attack?' asked the investigating officer.

> 'Azure did' said the suspect

"Cyan this statement, please..."

--

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote on 08/04/2007 14:06 +0100:
> "vernon" <[email protected]>typed
>

>> "Helen Deborah Vecht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]>typed

>>> "Indigo!" said the dibble when incarcerating the miscreant...
>>>

>> 'Did you participate in the attack?' asked the investigating officer.

>> 'Azure did' said the suspect

> "Cyan this statement, please..."

Not this one you've just Cobalt together occifer.

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell

On 8 Apr, 15:03, Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:
> Helen Deborah Vecht wrote on 08/04/2007 14:06 +0100:
>

> > "vernon" <[email protected]>typed

> >> "Helen Deborah Vecht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>news:[email protected]...

> >> 'Did you participate in the attack?' asked the investigating officer.

> >> 'Azure did' said the suspect

> > "Cyan this statement, please..."

> Not this one you've just Cobalt together occifer.

Good stuff. :D

I'm sure as hell ain't going near that bit of the cycleway today.

in message <[email protected]>, Helen Deborah Vecht
('[email protected]') wrote:

> "vernon" <[email protected]>typed
>
>> "Helen Deborah Vecht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]>typed

>> > "Indigo!" said the dibble when incarcerating the miscreant...
>> >

>> 'Did you participate in the attack?' asked the investigating officer.

>> 'Azure did' said the suspect

> "Cyan this statement, please..."

An dinnae drip ony blued on it, hey!

I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those
who are now possible remain possible -- Michael Bakunin