Man charged with bicyclist's death

dougadam

Sep 29, 2005
I just read this in our local paper.

Man charged with bicyclist's death

FROM STAFF REPORTS

December 11, 2008 12:00 am

— KALKASKA -- A Rapid City man who faces criminal charges in the death of a Kalkaska County bicyclist is set to appear in court for a preliminary examination.

Stephen Ciarkowski, 50, was arraigned on charges of operating while intoxicated causing death, and negligent homicide for the death of bicyclist Carl John Ray in July. He will appear in court in Kalkaska on Monday.

Ciarkowski allegedly collided from behind with Ray while he pedaled down Rapid City Road in Kalkaska County.

Ciarkowski was arrested and arraigned Nov. 26 and was released from custody after posting 10 percent of a $100,000 bond.

Operating while intoxicated causing death is a 15-year felony, while negligent homicide is a two-year high court misdemeanor.

Kalkaska County Prosecutor Brian Donnelly waited several months for the results of blood tests sent to the Michigan State Police crime lab. Those results allegedly showed Ciarkowski was under the influence of methamphetamine at the time of the incident.

Donnelly said he consulted with a state police toxicologist and they believe the level of the drug in the suspect's bloodstream affected his driving.

Copyright © 1999-2008 cnhi, inc.

Reactions: haleylx4
Not good what a shame. I'm not sure what people are thinking. Methamphetamine, hmmm let's see that is for ADHD and a weight loss drug. What a combination. Well apparently it didn't help him with his attention deficit. If he was able to drive and pay attention he wouldn't of killed someone. A controlled substance. It looks like crack or something. It comes in clear and this pretty blue. Isn't that special. Oh wait get this one it is prescribed for idiopathic hypersomnia. People who fall asleep during the day. Excessive daytime sleepiness. I guess that didn't work for him. Blurs your vision, rapid heart beat,: it doesn't even sound like you should drive on this ****. It's also for narcolepsy. There's some kind of weird sexual thing with this drug; Lol wtF. It's the gay man's dating drug.
I think the guy's doctor is at fault. Who would prescribe this garbage to anyone?

JSWin said:
Not good what a shame. I'm not sure what people are thinking. Methamphetamine, hmmm let's see that is for ADHD and a weight loss drug. What a combination. Well apparently it didn't help him with his attention deficit. If he was able to drive and pay attention he wouldn't of killed someone. A controlled substance. It looks like crack or something. It comes in clear and this pretty blue. Isn't that special. Oh wait get this one it is prescribed for idiopathic hypersomnia. People who fall asleep during the day. Excessive daytime sleepiness. I guess that didn't work for him. Blurs your vision, rapid heart beat,: it doesn't even sound like you should drive on this ****. It's also for narcolepsy. There's some kind of weird sexual thing with this drug; Lol wtF. It's the gay man's dating drug.
I think the guy's doctor is at fault. Who would prescribe this garbage to anyone?
If you know of a doctor who treats ADHD with crystal meth, I think you should get on the horn to the DEA pronto. Or even if you know of a quack diet doc who does. It will make you lose weight, that's for sure. Along with your teeth, and your mind, your life savings, your family, and probably, eventually, either your life or freedom.

I'm thinking that Volnix has it nailed----troll.

mpre53 said:
Aw, Christ, now he's got someone singing harmony with him---a ****ing zombie thread duet. :wacko: :blink:

The Su-suzy one? Doesn't care, doesn't check... Just replies. :D

Now if you excuse me, I think I need to vote for the 2002 elections...

This is one of the dangers of cycling, we have no bumpers so when an accident happen we are way more vulnerable.

Sunflogun said:
This is one of the dangers of cycling, we have no bumpers so when an accident happen we are way more vulnerable.

#JHuskey!!!!!!!!

1377303517_tumblr_lgpfc1DfU01qeweuno1_500.jpg