Man, do I love racism.

"D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If you're white it's "finding" stuff.
> But if you're black....... LOOTER!!!!
>
> http://photos23.flickr.com/38725768_16c66eb58b.jpg

Maybe you didn't notice that they came from different news sources? You
certainly don't have any trouble leaping to conclusions about racism. What
did you think of the fact that CNN showed a large group of black people
looting the pharmacies for drugs? Was it racist of them to show that?

Tom Kunich wrote:

> What
> did you think of the fact that CNN showed a large group of black people
> looting the pharmacies for drugs? Was it racist of them to show that?

I like to pick a Chinese restaurant based on the number of
Chinese-looking people eating there. Is that racist ?

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:48:09 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> If you're white it's "finding" stuff.
>> But if you're black....... LOOTER!!!!
>>
>> http://photos23.flickr.com/38725768_16c66eb58b.jpg

>Maybe you didn't notice that they came from different news sources? You
>certainly don't have any trouble leaping to conclusions about racism. What
>did you think of the fact that CNN showed a large group of black people
>looting the pharmacies for drugs? Was it racist of them to show that?

What does the fact that they came from two different news sources have
to do with anything? You think AFP doesn't use the phrase looting?
Look around the news a bit.

Considering that the lower socioeconomic areas of most southern cities
are mostly black and that most of the looting is going to be done by
those in the loser socioeconomic areas it stands to reason that it
will be mostly black people who appear on television looting.

However, it is a complete failure in inductive reasoning to suggest
that they are looting because they are black people.

So no, it's not racist to show the people looting.

But it IS racist to show black people "looting" in the media but then
show white people "finding" stuff.

You complete moron.

I grew up in a place that was rather free of any racial profiling.
Watching the news the last few days have shown me clearly why it happens.
Sad that it has to be like that but the reasons are becoming obvious.

"D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:48:09 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>"D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> If you're white it's "finding" stuff.
>>> But if you're black....... LOOTER!!!!
>>>
>>> http://photos23.flickr.com/38725768_16c66eb58b.jpg

>>Maybe you didn't notice that they came from different news sources? You
>>certainly don't have any trouble leaping to conclusions about racism. What
>>did you think of the fact that CNN showed a large group of black people
>>looting the pharmacies for drugs? Was it racist of them to show that?
>>

> What does the fact that they came from two different news sources have
> to do with anything? You think AFP doesn't use the phrase looting?
> Look around the news a bit.
>
> Considering that the lower socioeconomic areas of most southern cities
> are mostly black and that most of the looting is going to be done by
> those in the loser socioeconomic areas it stands to reason that it
> will be mostly black people who appear on television looting.
>
> However, it is a complete failure in inductive reasoning to suggest
> that they are looting because they are black people.
>
> So no, it's not racist to show the people looting.
>
> But it IS racist to show black people "looting" in the media but then
> show white people "finding" stuff.
>
> You complete moron.

I'm sure or at least hoping that things get organized soon and that help is
available tomorrow for those poor folks. I hope that the ade will
alleviate the looting situation. Most of it I am certain is strictly do to
survival. People have to eat and will do what is necessary to survive.
Glad I am not there or I would be taking what i needed for survival right
along with the others. That would be a tiny part of balancing out the
racial appearance.

Bless them all.

"D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:48:09 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>"D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> If you're white it's "finding" stuff.
>>> But if you're black....... LOOTER!!!!
>>>
>>> http://photos23.flickr.com/38725768_16c66eb58b.jpg

>>Maybe you didn't notice that they came from different news sources? You
>>certainly don't have any trouble leaping to conclusions about racism. What
>>did you think of the fact that CNN showed a large group of black people
>>looting the pharmacies for drugs? Was it racist of them to show that?
>>

> What does the fact that they came from two different news sources have
> to do with anything? You think AFP doesn't use the phrase looting?
> Look around the news a bit.
>
> Considering that the lower socioeconomic areas of most southern cities
> are mostly black and that most of the looting is going to be done by
> those in the loser socioeconomic areas it stands to reason that it
> will be mostly black people who appear on television looting.
>
> However, it is a complete failure in inductive reasoning to suggest
> that they are looting because they are black people.
>
> So no, it's not racist to show the people looting.
>
> But it IS racist to show black people "looting" in the media but then
> show white people "finding" stuff.
>
> You complete moron.

If the poorer areas of N.O. were all white people we'd see the same
thing only it would be white faces.

And as far as stealing goes. Taking the food and living supplies is
understandable in a catastrophe like this but loading up a shopping
cart with a plasma TV is clearly over the line.

Besides, after a couple more weeks you'll be able to trade a can of
Dinty Moore Beef Stew for a TV anyway. ;-)

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 02:35:41 GMT, "IMKen" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm sure or at least hoping that things get organized soon and that help is
>available tomorrow for those poor folks. I hope that the ade will
>alleviate the looting situation. Most of it I am certain is strictly do to
>survival. People have to eat and will do what is necessary to survive.
>Glad I am not there or I would be taking what i needed for survival right
>along with the others. That would be a tiny part of balancing out the
>racial appearance.
>
>Bless them all.
>

>"D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:48:09 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>"D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Maybe you didn't notice that they came from different news sources? You
>>>certainly don't have any trouble leaping to conclusions about racism. What
>>>did you think of the fact that CNN showed a large group of black people
>>>looting the pharmacies for drugs? Was it racist of them to show that?
>>>

>> What does the fact that they came from two different news sources have
>> to do with anything? You think AFP doesn't use the phrase looting?
>> Look around the news a bit.
>>
>> Considering that the lower socioeconomic areas of most southern cities
>> are mostly black and that most of the looting is going to be done by
>> those in the loser socioeconomic areas it stands to reason that it
>> will be mostly black people who appear on television looting.
>>
>> However, it is a complete failure in inductive reasoning to suggest
>> that they are looting because they are black people.
>>
>> So no, it's not racist to show the people looting.
>>
>> But it IS racist to show black people "looting" in the media but then
>> show white people "finding" stuff.
>>
>> You complete moron.

"D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> If the poorer areas of N.O. were all white people we'd see the same
> thing only it would be white faces.

The biggest looters in this country are white and rich.

> And as far as stealing goes. Taking the food and living supplies is
> understandable in a catastrophe like this but loading up a shopping
> cart with a plasma TV is clearly over the line.
>
> Besides, after a couple more weeks you'll be able to trade a can of
> Dinty Moore Beef Stew for a TV anyway. ;-)

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 12:52:55 +0200, "Robert Chung" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>D. Ferguson wrote:
>> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:48:09 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe you didn't notice that they came from different news sources?

>> What does the fact that they came from two different news sources have
>> to do with anything? You think AFP doesn't use the phrase looting?
>> Look around the news a bit.

>http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/eve...EnNA8sViWscF;_ylu=X3oDMTA3dmhrOGVvBHNlYwNzc20

NO NO NO, IT'S NOT THE SAME PHOTOGRAPHER????

ARE YOU A JOURNALIST????

THEN YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO HAVE AN OPINION????

YOU ARE A CRYING LITTLE GIRL!!!!

;-)

Thanks Robert. That's AFP just like those lucky "finders".

Tom Kunich wrote:
> What
> did you think of the fact that CNN showed a large group of black people
> looting the pharmacies for drugs? Was it racist of them to show that?

UK TV interviewed one of the "looters" at a pharmacy - she was a nurse
looking for medication to treat sick and injured people. How long would
it be before enough food, water, and medication arrived, if people like
her didn't show some initiative?
All the best
Dan Gregory

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:27:00 +0100, Dan Gregory
<[email protected]> wrote:

>UK TV interviewed one of the "looters" at a pharmacy - she was a nurse
>looking for medication to treat sick and injured people. How long would
>it be before enough food, water, and medication arrived, if people like
>her didn't show some initiative?
>All the best
>Dan Gregory

Its pretty clear that most of the police on the ground, relatively
speaking, are trying very hard to differentiate between people taking
essentials and people stealing just to steal. They're not in a good
place, even before the latter starting shooting at them. I'm seeing a
lot of retirements right after thins return to normal.

OTOH, current speculation seems to be about how large New Orleans will
be after everything settles.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:07:34 -0400, Curtis L. Russell
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:27:00 +0100, Dan Gregory
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>UK TV interviewed one of the "looters" at a pharmacy - she was a nurse
>>looking for medication to treat sick and injured people. How long would
>>it be before enough food, water, and medication arrived, if people like
>>her didn't show some initiative?
>>All the best
>>Dan Gregory

>Its pretty clear that most of the police on the ground, relatively
>speaking, are trying very hard to differentiate between people taking
>essentials and people stealing just to steal.

How did you find this out?

>They're not in a good
>place, even before the latter starting shooting at them. I'm seeing a
>lot of retirements right after thins return to normal.
>
>OTOH, current speculation seems to be about how large New Orleans will
>be after everything settles.

Not following you; do you mean a smaller city, like Key West?

jj

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:43:40 -0400, Jet<[email protected]> wrote:

>>Its pretty clear that most of the police on the ground, relatively
>>speaking, are trying very hard to differentiate between people taking
>>essentials and people stealing just to steal.

>How did you find this out?

Six or seven different brief interviews. It could come from HQ, but it
seems to be just a hard dose of reality that they are seeing hours on
end.
>>They're not in a good
>>place, even before the latter starting shooting at them. I'm seeing a
>>lot of retirements right after thins return to normal.
>>
>>OTOH, current speculation seems to be about how large New Orleans will
>>be after everything settles.

>Not following you; do you mean a smaller city, like Key West?

The extreme views in the (I think) three articles that followed the
same idea is that New Orleans may remain at about 250,000 and (I guess
the extreme position) even decline from that because that size won't
support some of those that return.

OTOH, there were some that said that river traffic will require a city
in that immediate area and there will be a large city there
regardless. IOW, the reason there is a danger from a storm like this
is exactly why the city of that size was there in the first place.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Exactly!

Children who know nothing of the world around them are wont to reach
conclusions based on things that they think they learned in school
which was nothing more than a passing bigoted comment from a Liberal
teacher.

Why are you so naive to believe that something written on one reporter
for one news service MUST certainly be related to another article
written by another reporter for another news service.

So you really believe that they all have the same reporting standards,
the same political affiliations and the same EDITOR?

Excuse me David, but you seem to spend a lot of time here demonstrating
that you are an insufferable ass.