Man, do I love racism.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by D. Ferguson, Aug 31, 2005.

  1. D. Ferguson

    D. Ferguson Guest

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > If you're white it's "finding" stuff.
    > But if you're black....... LOOTER!!!!
    >
    > http://photos23.flickr.com/38725768_16c66eb58b.jpg

    Maybe you didn't notice that they came from different news sources? You
    certainly don't have any trouble leaping to conclusions about racism. What
    did you think of the fact that CNN showed a large group of black people
    looting the pharmacies for drugs? Was it racist of them to show that?

  3. amit

    amit Guest

    Tom Kunich wrote:

    > What
    > did you think of the fact that CNN showed a large group of black people
    > looting the pharmacies for drugs? Was it racist of them to show that?

    I like to pick a Chinese restaurant based on the number of
    Chinese-looking people eating there. Is that racist ?

  4. D. Ferguson

    D. Ferguson Guest

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:48:09 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> If you're white it's "finding" stuff.
    >> But if you're black....... LOOTER!!!!
    >>
    >> http://photos23.flickr.com/38725768_16c66eb58b.jpg

    >Maybe you didn't notice that they came from different news sources? You
    >certainly don't have any trouble leaping to conclusions about racism. What
    >did you think of the fact that CNN showed a large group of black people
    >looting the pharmacies for drugs? Was it racist of them to show that?

    What does the fact that they came from two different news sources have
    to do with anything? You think AFP doesn't use the phrase looting?
    Look around the news a bit.

    Considering that the lower socioeconomic areas of most southern cities
    are mostly black and that most of the looting is going to be done by
    those in the loser socioeconomic areas it stands to reason that it
    will be mostly black people who appear on television looting.

    However, it is a complete failure in inductive reasoning to suggest
    that they are looting because they are black people.

    So no, it's not racist to show the people looting.

    But it IS racist to show black people "looting" in the media but then
    show white people "finding" stuff.

    You complete moron.

  5. IMKen

    IMKen Guest

    I grew up in a place that was rather free of any racial profiling.
    Watching the news the last few days have shown me clearly why it happens.
    Sad that it has to be like that but the reasons are becoming obvious.

    "D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:48:09 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]
    >>> If you're white it's "finding" stuff.
    >>> But if you're black....... LOOTER!!!!
    >>>
    >>> http://photos23.flickr.com/38725768_16c66eb58b.jpg

    >>Maybe you didn't notice that they came from different news sources? You
    >>certainly don't have any trouble leaping to conclusions about racism. What
    >>did you think of the fact that CNN showed a large group of black people
    >>looting the pharmacies for drugs? Was it racist of them to show that?
    >>

    > What does the fact that they came from two different news sources have
    > to do with anything? You think AFP doesn't use the phrase looting?
    > Look around the news a bit.
    >
    > Considering that the lower socioeconomic areas of most southern cities
    > are mostly black and that most of the looting is going to be done by
    > those in the loser socioeconomic areas it stands to reason that it
    > will be mostly black people who appear on television looting.
    >
    > However, it is a complete failure in inductive reasoning to suggest
    > that they are looting because they are black people.
    >
    > So no, it's not racist to show the people looting.
    >
    > But it IS racist to show black people "looting" in the media but then
    > show white people "finding" stuff.
    >
    > You complete moron.

  6. IMKen

    IMKen Guest

    I'm sure or at least hoping that things get organized soon and that help is
    available tomorrow for those poor folks. I hope that the ade will
    alleviate the looting situation. Most of it I am certain is strictly do to
    survival. People have to eat and will do what is necessary to survive.
    Glad I am not there or I would be taking what i needed for survival right
    along with the others. That would be a tiny part of balancing out the
    racial appearance.

    Bless them all.

    "D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:48:09 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]
    >>> If you're white it's "finding" stuff.
    >>> But if you're black....... LOOTER!!!!
    >>>
    >>> http://photos23.flickr.com/38725768_16c66eb58b.jpg

    >>Maybe you didn't notice that they came from different news sources? You
    >>certainly don't have any trouble leaping to conclusions about racism. What
    >>did you think of the fact that CNN showed a large group of black people
    >>looting the pharmacies for drugs? Was it racist of them to show that?
    >>

    > What does the fact that they came from two different news sources have
    > to do with anything? You think AFP doesn't use the phrase looting?
    > Look around the news a bit.
    >
    > Considering that the lower socioeconomic areas of most southern cities
    > are mostly black and that most of the looting is going to be done by
    > those in the loser socioeconomic areas it stands to reason that it
    > will be mostly black people who appear on television looting.
    >
    > However, it is a complete failure in inductive reasoning to suggest
    > that they are looting because they are black people.
    >
    > So no, it's not racist to show the people looting.
    >
    > But it IS racist to show black people "looting" in the media but then
    > show white people "finding" stuff.
    >
    > You complete moron.

  7. D. Ferguson

    D. Ferguson Guest

    If the poorer areas of N.O. were all white people we'd see the same
    thing only it would be white faces.

    And as far as stealing goes. Taking the food and living supplies is
    understandable in a catastrophe like this but loading up a shopping
    cart with a plasma TV is clearly over the line.

    Besides, after a couple more weeks you'll be able to trade a can of
    Dinty Moore Beef Stew for a TV anyway. ;-)

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 02:35:41 GMT, "IMKen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm sure or at least hoping that things get organized soon and that help is
    >available tomorrow for those poor folks. I hope that the ade will
    >alleviate the looting situation. Most of it I am certain is strictly do to
    >survival. People have to eat and will do what is necessary to survive.
    >Glad I am not there or I would be taking what i needed for survival right
    >along with the others. That would be a tiny part of balancing out the
    >racial appearance.
    >
    >Bless them all.
    >

    >"D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:48:09 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>>news:[email protected]

    >>>Maybe you didn't notice that they came from different news sources? You
    >>>certainly don't have any trouble leaping to conclusions about racism. What
    >>>did you think of the fact that CNN showed a large group of black people
    >>>looting the pharmacies for drugs? Was it racist of them to show that?
    >>>

    >> What does the fact that they came from two different news sources have
    >> to do with anything? You think AFP doesn't use the phrase looting?
    >> Look around the news a bit.
    >>
    >> Considering that the lower socioeconomic areas of most southern cities
    >> are mostly black and that most of the looting is going to be done by
    >> those in the loser socioeconomic areas it stands to reason that it
    >> will be mostly black people who appear on television looting.
    >>
    >> However, it is a complete failure in inductive reasoning to suggest
    >> that they are looting because they are black people.
    >>
    >> So no, it's not racist to show the people looting.
    >>
    >> But it IS racist to show black people "looting" in the media but then
    >> show white people "finding" stuff.
    >>
    >> You complete moron.

  8. Fred

    Fred Guest

    "D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > If the poorer areas of N.O. were all white people we'd see the same
    > thing only it would be white faces.

    The biggest looters in this country are white and rich.

    > And as far as stealing goes. Taking the food and living supplies is
    > understandable in a catastrophe like this but loading up a shopping
    > cart with a plasma TV is clearly over the line.
    >
    > Besides, after a couple more weeks you'll be able to trade a can of
    > Dinty Moore Beef Stew for a TV anyway. ;-)

  9. tsarkon

    tsarkon Guest

  10. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  11. D. Ferguson

    D. Ferguson Guest

    On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 12:52:55 +0200, "Robert Chung" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >D. Ferguson wrote:
    >> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:48:09 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Maybe you didn't notice that they came from different news sources?

    >> What does the fact that they came from two different news sources have
    >> to do with anything? You think AFP doesn't use the phrase looting?
    >> Look around the news a bit.

    >http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/eve...EnNA8sViWscF;_ylu=X3oDMTA3dmhrOGVvBHNlYwNzc20

    NO NO NO, IT'S NOT THE SAME PHOTOGRAPHER????

    ARE YOU A JOURNALIST????

    THEN YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO HAVE AN OPINION????

    YOU ARE A CRYING LITTLE GIRL!!!!

    ;-)

    Thanks Robert. That's AFP just like those lucky "finders".

  12. Dan Gregory

    Dan Gregory Guest

    Tom Kunich wrote:
    > What
    > did you think of the fact that CNN showed a large group of black people
    > looting the pharmacies for drugs? Was it racist of them to show that?

    UK TV interviewed one of the "looters" at a pharmacy - she was a nurse
    looking for medication to treat sick and injured people. How long would
    it be before enough food, water, and medication arrived, if people like
    her didn't show some initiative?
    All the best
    Dan Gregory

  13. D. Ferguson wrote:
    > If you're white it's "finding" stuff.
    > But if you're black....... LOOTER!!!!
    >
    > http://photos23.flickr.com/38725768_16c66eb58b.jpg

    To me, the woman in the AFP photo looks more like a light colored
    African American than a white person. YMMV.

  14. On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:27:00 +0100, Dan Gregory
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >UK TV interviewed one of the "looters" at a pharmacy - she was a nurse
    >looking for medication to treat sick and injured people. How long would
    >it be before enough food, water, and medication arrived, if people like
    >her didn't show some initiative?
    >All the best
    >Dan Gregory

    Its pretty clear that most of the police on the ground, relatively
    speaking, are trying very hard to differentiate between people taking
    essentials and people stealing just to steal. They're not in a good
    place, even before the latter starting shooting at them. I'm seeing a
    lot of retirements right after thins return to normal.

    OTOH, current speculation seems to be about how large New Orleans will
    be after everything settles.

    Curtis L. Russell
    Odenton, MD (USA)
    Just someone on two wheels...

  15. Neil Brooks

    Neil Brooks Guest

  16. Jet

    Jet Guest

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:07:34 -0400, Curtis L. Russell
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:27:00 +0100, Dan Gregory
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>UK TV interviewed one of the "looters" at a pharmacy - she was a nurse
    >>looking for medication to treat sick and injured people. How long would
    >>it be before enough food, water, and medication arrived, if people like
    >>her didn't show some initiative?
    >>All the best
    >>Dan Gregory

    >Its pretty clear that most of the police on the ground, relatively
    >speaking, are trying very hard to differentiate between people taking
    >essentials and people stealing just to steal.

    How did you find this out?

    >They're not in a good
    >place, even before the latter starting shooting at them. I'm seeing a
    >lot of retirements right after thins return to normal.
    >
    >OTOH, current speculation seems to be about how large New Orleans will
    >be after everything settles.

    Not following you; do you mean a smaller city, like Key West?

    jj

  17. On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:43:40 -0400, Jet<[email protected]> wrote:

    >>Its pretty clear that most of the police on the ground, relatively
    >>speaking, are trying very hard to differentiate between people taking
    >>essentials and people stealing just to steal.

    >How did you find this out?

    Six or seven different brief interviews. It could come from HQ, but it
    seems to be just a hard dose of reality that they are seeing hours on
    end.
    >>They're not in a good
    >>place, even before the latter starting shooting at them. I'm seeing a
    >>lot of retirements right after thins return to normal.
    >>
    >>OTOH, current speculation seems to be about how large New Orleans will
    >>be after everything settles.

    >Not following you; do you mean a smaller city, like Key West?

    The extreme views in the (I think) three articles that followed the
    same idea is that New Orleans may remain at about 250,000 and (I guess
    the extreme position) even decline from that because that size won't
    support some of those that return.

    OTOH, there were some that said that river traffic will require a city
    in that immediate area and there will be a large city there
    regardless. IOW, the reason there is a danger from a storm like this
    is exactly why the city of that size was there in the first place.

    Curtis L. Russell
    Odenton, MD (USA)
    Just someone on two wheels...

  18. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Exactly!

    Children who know nothing of the world around them are wont to reach
    conclusions based on things that they think they learned in school
    which was nothing more than a passing bigoted comment from a Liberal
    teacher.

  19. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Why are you so naive to believe that something written on one reporter
    for one news service MUST certainly be related to another article
    written by another reporter for another news service.

    So you really believe that they all have the same reporting standards,
    the same political affiliations and the same EDITOR?

    Excuse me David, but you seem to spend a lot of time here demonstrating
    that you are an insufferable ass.

  20. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Yeah man! Bring it all down!