Man, do I love racism.

"UK TV interviewed one of the "looters" at a pharmacy - she was a nurse
looking for medication to treat sick and injured people."

Well, that certainly accounts for one of the several hundred. Are you
implying that they were all nurses or doctors?

And, uh, what do you suppose the Plasma TV's were for? Nurses trying to
spruce up the sick rooms?

During Prohibition the Coast Guard had to control the borders and
bootleggers were getting STINKING rich hauling whiskey in from Canada.
The Coast Guard slowly developed the techniques to find these
bootleggers and got the boats that could actually catch the very well
financed and supported bootleggers.

Finally the Coasties caught up with a boatload of bootleggers. They
were fired upon and a couple of Coasties were killed.

The remaining Coasties caught the villians, took them to a local
island, held a military tribunal, convicted them and lined them all up
and shot every last one of the bootleggers dead!

After that whenever the Coast Guard caught up with bootleggers they
simply shut everything down and surrendered, hands in the air.

That cold blooded act of a Coast Guard officer saved thousands of lives
and turned what could have been a war into a police action.

There is no Liberal politician today that would willingly commit such
an act of heroism to save this entire country. And neither would most
Conservatives.

You are absolutely correct Carl. But what do you want to bet that the
argument is: "If they look white they're treated differently"?

I grew up in a mostly black neighborhood in the 40's and early 50's and
the ONE case of overt racism (step to the rear of the bus please) was a
black driver talking to a black woman. The NEXT week a white driver was
on that same streetcar and when the black woman sat in the front he
simply pulled away and continued without a comment.

Of course there is covert racism but aren't people free to like whoever
they want to like? I frankly can't see what the hell is superior with
Liberals blankly hating anything Conservative and some racist hating
any other race. At least the racist is probably doing it out of fear.
The Liberal is doing it out of political hatred pure and simple.

On 1 Sep 2005 09:34:27 -0700, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Why are you so naive to believe that something written on one reporter
>for one news service MUST certainly be related to another article
>written by another reporter for another news service.
>
>So you really believe that they all have the same reporting standards,
>the same political affiliations and the same EDITOR?
>
>Excuse me David, but you seem to spend a lot of time here demonstrating
>that you are an insufferable ass.

You're right Tom, I'm the "unsufferable ass" around here.
It looks fine to call the white people "finders" and the black people
"looters".

After seeing your picture at Papai's site last night I have decided to
no longer give you a hard time.

I hope you have a great day and I'm sorry to have bothered you.

http://www.kenpapai.com/cycling/rbr/Tomk.JPG

So ask some of those alleged black folks that you grew up with in the
40's and 50's if they ever experienced overt racism at that time...
Yeah, I'm willing to bet that they would say hell yes they experienced
that. You didn't because you are white. You didn't see it because you
are white. Sometimes I can't believe what a simpleton you are.
Problems are not there because you don't see them is the way you see
things it seems. And I'm highly highly doubting that you lived
anywhere near a black neighborhood in the 40's and 50's. The plain
truth is, if you are white, you are most definitely treated
differently than people of color. If you don't believe that, you're
insanely stupid my friend. If you think people of color (I don't say
black because it could be people of many different ethnicities) aren't
treated differently than white people in America, you're closing your
eyes and NOT seeing what is in front of you. It happens every single
day in this country, and continues to happen every single day, and
will continue for every single day.

Tom

PS: This has nothing to do with liberals and conservatives.

D. Ferguson wrote:

> NO NO NO, IT'S NOT THE SAME PHOTOGRAPHER????
>
> ARE YOU A JOURNALIST????
>
> THEN YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO HAVE AN OPINION????
>
> YOU ARE A CRYING LITTLE GIRL!!!!

Actually, you'd have to be a looter/finder to be qualified to have an
opinion. Mostly, I think they're too busy surviving to care much.

I realize I'm not actually qualified to say so, however.

D. Ferguson wrote:
> On 1 Sep 2005 09:34:27 -0700, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>Why are you so naive to believe that something written on one reporter
>>for one news service MUST certainly be related to another article
>>written by another reporter for another news service.
>>
>>So you really believe that they all have the same reporting standards,
>>the same political affiliations and the same EDITOR?
>>
>>Excuse me David, but you seem to spend a lot of time here demonstrating
>>that you are an insufferable ass.

> You're right Tom, I'm the "unsufferable ass" around here.
> It looks fine to call the white people "finders" and the black people
> "looters".
>
> After seeing your picture at Papai's site last night I have decided to
> no longer give you a hard time.
>
> I hope you have a great day and I'm sorry to have bothered you.
>

> http://www.kenpapai.com/cycling/rbr/Tomk.JPG

And so it comes to this.

Tom Kunich wrote:

> You are absolutely correct Carl. But what do you want to bet that the
> argument is: "If they look white they're treated differently"?
>
> I grew up in a mostly black neighborhood in the 40's and early 50's and
> the ONE case of overt racism (step to the rear of the bus please) was a
> black driver talking to a black woman. The NEXT week a white driver was
> on that same streetcar and when the black woman sat in the front he
> simply pulled away and continued without a comment.
>
> Of course there is covert racism but aren't people free to like whoever
> they want to like? I frankly can't see what the hell is superior with
> Liberals blankly hating anything Conservative and some racist hating
> any other race. At least the racist is probably doing it out of fear.
> The Liberal is doing it out of political hatred pure and simple.

Paging Chung...paging Robert Chung...
Did you ever come up with a name for that award?

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

Why not page Jessie or Sharpton? Where are they?

ken

IMKen wrote:

> Why not page Jessie or Sharpton? Where are they?
>
> ken

I must have missed their posts.
I kinda like Al. His daughter goes to Poly Prep in Brooklyn--by all
evidence a really sweet kid.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:48:58 -0700, Tim Lines
<[email protected]> wrote:

>D. Ferguson wrote:
>
>> NO NO NO, IT'S NOT THE SAME PHOTOGRAPHER????
>>
>> ARE YOU A JOURNALIST????
>>
>> THEN YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO HAVE AN OPINION????
>>
>> YOU ARE A CRYING LITTLE GIRL!!!!

>Actually, you'd have to be a looter/finder to be qualified to have an
>opinion. Mostly, I think they're too busy surviving to care much.
>
>I realize I'm not actually qualified to say so, however.

Yeah, my ass starving and thirsty and I care what some dumbasses
around the country think about which items can be taken and which
can't.

But if I were a black person I'd be a little miffed at being called a
looter while the white guy next to me was being called a finder.

However, I'm not black so I'm not qualified to say so.

> I must have missed their posts.
> I kinda like Al. His daughter goes to Poly Prep in Brooklyn--by all
> evidence a really sweet kid.
>
> Steve

> Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
> http://www.dentaltwins.com
> Brooklyn, NY
> 718-258-5001

Where are they? Why have they not been present in NO? Just wait until the
first black looter gets shot and watch them appear with their usual racial
****.

IMKen wrote:

> "Mark & Steven Bornfeld" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>>I must have missed their posts.
>>I kinda like Al. His daughter goes to Poly Prep in Brooklyn--by all
>>evidence a really sweet kid.
>>
>>Steve

>>Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
>>http://www.dentaltwins.com
>>Brooklyn, NY
>>718-258-5001

> Where are they? Why have they not been present in NO? Just wait until the
> first black looter gets shot and watch them appear with their usual racial
> ****.

If that's the biggest thing on your mind you've got things pretty good.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

I am dam glad I am not in NO. Yep, consider us lucky.

Ken

> If that's the biggest thing on your mind you've got things pretty good.
>
> Steve
>

> --
> Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
> http://www.dentaltwins.com
> Brooklyn, NY
> 718-258-5001

"D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 1 Sep 2005 09:34:27 -0700, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Why are you so naive to believe that something written on one reporter
>>for one news service MUST certainly be related to another article
>>written by another reporter for another news service.
>>
>>So you really believe that they all have the same reporting standards,
>>the same political affiliations and the same EDITOR?
>>
>>Excuse me David, but you seem to spend a lot of time here demonstrating
>>that you are an insufferable ass.

> You're right Tom, I'm the "unsufferable ass" around here.
> It looks fine to call the white people "finders" and the black people
> "looters".

Maybe you missed the fact that one of those "finders" was black?

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> So ask some of those alleged black folks that you grew up with in the
> 40's and 50's if they ever experienced overt racism at that time...
> Yeah, I'm willing to bet that they would say hell yes they experienced
> that. You didn't because you are white.

Let's get some things straight here first Tom.

Number one - I was lynched by a gang of black kids when I was in Jr. High.
The rope broke and in retrospect I think that these guys who I grew up with
were probably all high on mj. And I'm also sure that if the rope hadn't
broken that they wouldn't have let me get hurt. It was "just a joke." But it
happened. And there could have been an accident and I could have died with
their silly game.

Can you just imagine what would have been said if that had been some white
kids doing that to a black kid? But since I was white we can expect the
asses here and everywhere else to poke fun at it. Even though these same
people would want to execute white youths doing this to a black.

Number two - How DARE you assume what someone else experienced? You don't
know **** but are willing to imagine something entirely out of your
experience!

> PS: This has nothing to do with liberals and conservatives.

If that were true explain the hatred dispayed against Clarence Thomas,
Condoleezza Rice, Colin Powell and Dr. Rod Paige?

D. Ferguson wrote:

> But if I were a black person I'd be a little miffed at being called a
> looter while the white guy next to me was being called a finder.

There are probably some stupid people who believe blacks are overjoyed
at being called looters because, deep down, they know they deserve it.

However, I'm not stupid so I'm not qualified, etc.

How do you know that AFP hasn't also used the term 'finding' in
reference to Blacks? If they have, then your thesis falls to ****,
er... I mean pieces.

> D. Ferguson wrote:
>> If you're white it's "finding" stuff.
>> But if you're black....... LOOTER!!!!
>>
>> http://photos23.flickr.com/38725768_16c66eb58b.jpg

> To me, the woman in the AFP photo looks more like a light colored
> African American than a white person. YMMV.

I thought that too but then if the woman had been unmistakeably white,
the caption probably would have read "....after purchasing bread and
soda". I'd need to walk (swim) a mile in their shoes before passing
judgement.

Phil H

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:43:40 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Maybe you missed the fact that one of those "finders" was black?

No, they're both white.

But don't sweat it man. It's no big deal.

Peace, bro.