Man in black spotted on the PR route.

thecyclist

Aug 30, 2006
Who is this guy and will we see him flying tomorrow?

WFC7NYUOGNOL2MBMPIFCEQX2JQ.jpg

thecyclist said:
Who is this guy and will we see him flying tomorrow?

WFC7NYUOGNOL2MBMPIFCEQX2JQ.jpg
who is it.

Cant tell the bike, looks like 6 letters, looks like bike shoes, who it it.

red black bike. Could it be Ridley. What is the helmet?

That aint Doug Ellis is it?

thunder said:
who is it.

Cant tell the bike, looks like 6 letters, looks like bike shoes, who it it.

red black bike. Could it be Ridley. What is the helmet?

That aint Doug Ellis is it?
I dont reckon it is Ellis, because he does not look athletic.

If I would put money on it, that would be Greipel. I dont think it is a Giant bike. I dont think it is a uvex helmet.

thecyclist said:
I don't think Greipel is riding Paris-Roubaix.
do you know who it is?

Greipel IS definitely riding Roubaix. If you listen to Cyclingheroes, it is his major objective this year.

earth_dweller said:
well it's probably just a sponsor or vip....
I'd agree. He looks middle aged and that head tube length and up-tilted stem suggests a very relaxed geometry... not your typical pro set-up IMO. Also he's white-knuckling it on the cobbles... which defeats the purpose of putting your hands on top for shock absorption.

Crankyfeet said:
I'd agree. He looks middle aged and that head tube length and up-tilted stem suggests a very relaxed geometry... not your typical pro set-up IMO. Also he's white-knuckling it on the cobbles... which defeats the purpose of putting your hands on top for shock absorption.
was not even inspecting such details. good pick up

i was suckered assuming inference the guy WAS a pro, and it just had to be worked out who it was. :D

You occasionally see that repetition of the bike manaufacturer name on the head tube on a Wilier. Would fit the six letters too, although none of the current Wilier bikes has that black head tube/red fork combo.

Alloy cranks with skeleton brakes and carbon levers: 2007-8 Centaur?
Those shoes might be some old Shimanos, but I'm guessing at this range.

Not a pro.

Could just be a regular joe riding bits of the course to see and hang with pros. I have done it before, so I suspect others enjoy that also... :eek: