Man, sometimes you have to deal with some real turkeys during thecommute!

On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:07:15 -0700, Rex Kerr <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Man, sometimes you have to deal with some real turkeys during the
>morning commute! I grabbed some pictures to record their disruptive
>behavior. How can they get away with blocking the road like this?
>
>http://twowheels.us/blog/?attachment_id=108
>http://twowheels.us/blog/?attachment_id=109

I was pretty much floored pulling in to work one morning this week.
There was a honking big bird sitting on the trunk of a car parked in a
handicapped slot (i.e., right in the main flow of traffic into/out of
the building). As I rode slowly past it, that turkey (hen) just stood
there and watched me go by less than five feet away.

I didn't have a camera, and was too stunned to take it out if I'd had
it, so no pictures.

Pat

Email address works as is.

In article <[email protected]>,
Patrick Lamb <[email protected]> writes:
> On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:07:15 -0700, Rex Kerr <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Man, sometimes you have to deal with some real turkeys during the
>>morning commute! I grabbed some pictures to record their disruptive
>>behavior. How can they get away with blocking the road like this?
>>
>>http://twowheels.us/blog/?attachment_id=108
>>http://twowheels.us/blog/?attachment_id=109

> I was pretty much floored pulling in to work one morning this week.
> There was a honking big bird sitting on the trunk of a car parked in a
> handicapped slot (i.e., right in the main flow of traffic into/out of
> the building). As I rode slowly past it, that turkey (hen) just stood
> there and watched me go by less than five feet away.
>
> I didn't have a camera, and was too stunned to take it out if I'd had
> it, so no pictures.

I'm afraid I'd be thinking more about a very large
clubhouse sandwich than taking pix.

I realize those Texas/NM wild turkeys have a rep
for possessing a certain innate beligerance. I'm
nevertheless willing to do battle for a very large
clubhouse sandwich. Especially right now, at this
very moment. Maybe sub the side pork/bacon w/ prosciutto,
go nutz with the mayo, and just slightly lightly toast the
bread so it's a little golden but still soft. Slide
some chipotl slices in there. mmmm ... tryptophan
and papain and fat and cholesterol. Dee-lishus!

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.