You all were not kidding when you said that that the glue for these sew-up tires was sticky...
I got my new vittorias from Nashbar last week and have been stretching them on the rims for about a week. I decided to try to mount one tonight and got the glue all over me, the rim, the tire. But I did it, and I think it went pretty well. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the glue off the rims?
Our team uses tape instead of glue. For a couple reasons: 1) if it gets really hot out, the glue can melt therefore the tire can fall off basically (this is what my teammates saw at Nationals last year). 2) Tape is cleaner and easier to get off.
You all were not kidding when you said that that the glue for these sew-up tires was sticky...
I got my new vittorias from Nashbar last week and have been stretching them on the rims for about a week. I decided to try to mount one tonight and got the glue all over me, the rim, the tire. But I did it, and I think it went pretty well. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the glue off the rims?