Management Bulls*it

Colorado Rider would probably relate to........ ;)
It's a Colorado rocky mountain high
I've seen it rainin fire in the sky
Friends around the campfire and everybodys high
Rocky mountain high (high colorado)

2FAST4U said:
Life is old there, older than the trees
Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze....

Take it Husky....

2FAST4U said:
Life is old there, older than the trees
Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze....

Take it Husky....

Mountain momma...............................

Carrera said:
and I suppose that Wurmy would enjoy "Fortunate Son" by fogerty....

2FAST4U said:
Not the same...What you describe is still yankeeville....
jhuskey said:
Virginia and W.Va?
Yes, the Yankee's have been slowly sneaking into the Virginia's year after year and have been moving the Mason/Dixon south just a little every 4 months or so. They will reach the Florida Keys by late 2012.

You will notice an influx of Boston Red Sox ball caps and Chowder will be the main menu item at all Hardee’s and Steak n’ Shakes.

"I hear her voice
In the mornin hour she calls me
The radio reminds me of my home far away
And drivin down the road I get a feelin
That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday"

-John Denver

lwedge said:
Yes, the Yankee's have been slowly sneaking into the Virginia's year after year and have been moving the Mason/Dixon south just a little every 4 months or so. They will reach the Florida Keys by late 2012.

You will notice an influx of Boston Red Sox ball caps and Chowder will be the main menu item at all Hardee’s and Steak n’ Shakes.

"I hear her voice
In the mornin hour she calls me
The radio reminds me of my home far away
And drivin down the road I get a feelin
That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday"

-John Denver

Southern man
better keep your head
Don't forget
what your good book said

2FAST4U said:
Southern man
better keep your head
Don't forget
what your good book said
okay, stop wrecking my thread, i have no idea what you are talking about and it scares me when that happens...

MountainPro said:
okay, stop wrecking my thread, i have no idea what you are talking about and it scares me when that happens...
Sorry MP...these two are just for you...

“Took my fam'ly away from my Carolina home
Had dreams about the West and started to roam
Six long months on a dust covered trail
They say heaven's at the end but so far it's been hell
And there's fire on the mountain, lightnin' in the air
Gold in them hills and it's waitin' for me there”

And

“Way down around Vicksburg, Around Louisiana way
Lived a cajun lady, Aboard the Mississippi Queen
You know she was a dancer
She moved better on wine”

Carrera said:
John Denver is for fairies!

Spent the last year
Rocky Mountain Way
Couldn't get much higher
Out to pasture
Think it's safe to say
Time to open fire

Colorado Ryder said:

Spent the last year
Rocky Mountain Way
Couldn't get much higher
Out to pasture
Think it's safe to say
Time to open fire
Bases are loaded
And Casey's at bat
Playin' it play by play
Time to change the batter

MountainPro said:
Yes, this is a long way from the Senior Management Team email.

What makes more sense to you? Where this thread is going or the SMT emails ?

lw

I quite like John Denver's music. He also had the same hobby as my cousin and flew private aircraft.
While we're on the topic I also like Brian Wilson's stuff, especially when he changed to more experimental stuff later on. Pet Sounds is a classic.

Colorado Ryder said:

Spent the last year
Rocky Mountain Way
Couldn't get much higher
Out to pasture
Think it's safe to say
Time to open fire

America was stunned on May 4, 1970
When rally turned to riot up at Kent State University
They said the students scared the Guard :D
Though the troops were battle dressed :p
Four martyrs earned a new degree
The Bachelor of Bullets :D
I know we're all fed up with useless wars and racial strife
But next time there's a riot, well, you best stay out of sight

Well there's a riot going on
There's a riot going on
Well there's a riot going on
Student demonstration time

MountainPro said:

lwedge said:
Yes, this is a long way from the Senior Management Team email.

What makes more sense to you? Where this thread is going or the SMT emails ?

lw
i think i want to switch my comoputer off and throw it in the sea....its started doing funny things...

the SMT emails are far more entertaining and they send you to sleep in a fraction of a nano-second.

To get this creaking thread back to where it started, this gem appears in the current U.K. "Private Eye" magazine, in its "New Birtspeak" series.

"What do we offer?
A more flexible approach to building new ways of working right across the development and production process. We will offer tailored workshops and courses, consultancy, coaching and mentoring to individuals, teams, studios or divisions in working with a structured creative process, synthesising audience understanding to find new insights and stimulus, creative facilitation techniques, generating, building and refining tools for multi-platform innovation, generic and genre-specific storytelling, and writing from foundation to advanced level."

from BBC Creativity and Audience

One "sentence" contained 69 words!

Your challenge, should you accept it, is to translate this into intelligible English.

Any other examples?
:eek: John :eek:

John Knees said:
We will offer tailored workshops and courses, consultancy, coaching and mentoring to individuals, teams, studios or divisions in working with a structured creative process, synthesising audience understanding to find new insights and stimulus, creative facilitation techniques, generating, building and refining tools for multi-platform innovation, generic and genre-specific storytelling, and writing from foundation to advanced level."
Translation:

For a large fee equal to the budget of some small nations, we will teach you how to be more creative.

John Knees said:
To get this creaking thread back to where it started, this gem appears in the current U.K. "Private Eye" magazine, in its "New Birtspeak" series.

"What do we offer?
A more flexible approach to building new ways of working right across the development and production process. We will offer tailored workshops and courses, consultancy, coaching and mentoring to individuals, teams, studios or divisions in working with a structured creative process, synthesising audience understanding to find new insights and stimulus, creative facilitation techniques, generating, building and refining tools for multi-platform innovation, generic and genre-specific storytelling, and writing from foundation to advanced level."

from BBC Creativity and Audience

One "sentence" contained 69 words!

Your challenge, should you accept it, is to translate this into intelligible English.

Any other examples?
:eek: John :eek:
"multi-platform innovation"....i'll have to use that in my best man's speech...its sure to wow the guests..

MountainPro said:
"multi-platform innovation"....i'll have to use that in my best man's speech...its sure to wow the guests..
That little lot read like the stuff we see and hear from the writers of pollie speak.
Bob Hawk (Prime Minister back a few years ) was a grand Champion of that, he could speak for an hour, while answering a question and not say anything very constructive. At the end of the reply, one was inclined to scratch ones head and ask what what was the question, and what did he jus say in reply.
They all try to outdo each other, feather in the cap etc.
It goes on and on and on..........:rolleyes:

ellno#1 said:
That little lot read like the stuff we see and hear from the writers of pollie speak.
Bob Hawk (Prime Minister back a few years ) was a grand Champion of that, he could speak for an hour, while answering a question and not say anything very constructive. At the end of the reply, one was inclined to scratch ones head and ask what what was the question, and what did he jus say in reply.
They all try to outdo each other, feather in the cap etc.
It goes on and on and on..........:rolleyes:
By the way.........TO GET BACK ON THREAD.....!
You can't get any more senior management in Australia, that is, (I think) although I, like a lot of others in this country, AT LEAST, ask, are they serious as senior management.
At times the bullsh*t is totally unbelieveable and, one would consider that they (the pollies ) must be living on another planet even..?????:cool:
But then I suppose it's the same the world over, non of them could hold down a REAL JOB ANYWAY.

ellno#1 said:
By the way.........TO GET BACK ON THREAD.....!
You can't get any more senior management in Australia, that is, (I think) although I, like a lot of others in this country, AT LEAST, ask, are they serious as senior management.
At times the bullsh*t is totally unbelieveable and, one would consider that they (the pollies ) must be living on another planet even..?????:cool:
But then I suppose it's the same the world over, non of them could hold down a REAL JOB ANYWAY.
Ellno#1 - Having intimate experwience with senior (mis)management from Australia and the USA, the Americans have pulled out a trump card. The introduction of Sarbanes-Oxely legislation has the turbo on the normally-vaporous wafflings boosted to a new level. The threat that jail may be looming, has those fiends turning cartwheels in wanting the World and avoiding all responsibility for any directives that spew forth. Weird shite, and even less effective than normal.