Mandoline Menu

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by C.L., Dec 20, 2003.

1. C.L.

C.L. Guest

I just got a Mandoline for Xmas/Hanukah. I want to make a dinner that uses it to its fullest. I know
    I want potatoes au gratin, but anything else I don't know about. What are some other good recipes I
    can use it with?

Tags:

2. Reg

Reg Guest

C.L. wrote:

> I just got a Mandoline for Xmas/Hanukah. I want to make a dinner that uses it to its fullest. I
    > know I want potatoes au gratin, but anything else I don't know about. What are some other good
    > recipes I can use it with?

Vegetable terrine

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_17765,00.html

--
    Reg email: RegForte (at) (that free MS email service) (dot) com

3. Frogleg

Frogleg Guest

On 20 Dec 2003 15:53:31 -0800, [email protected] (C.L.) wrote:

>I just got a Mandoline for Xmas/Hanukah. I want to make a dinner that uses it to its fullest. I
    >know I want potatoes au gratin, but anything else I don't know about. What are some other good
    >recipes I can use it with?

Julienne/slice the bejasus out of everything for a salad. Carrots are very pretty in 1/8th" sticks.
    I tried, unsuccessfully as it turned out, to make baked sweet-potato chips and then small 'fries'
    with the larger julienne cutter. I mean, the shapes were fine; the baking was less than stellar.
    You might have better luck. Big or small julienne of zucchini sautes quickly for a veg side. Any
    big, solid veg will julienne nicely; smaller or hollow things like bell peppers or celery are
    better sliced.

USE THE PUSHER! Those suckers are *sharp*.