Mango Depitter

Alan Calan

Guest
What a great gadget, if you're doing a lot of mangoes or even one or
two. No more flying mangoes on the floor. William Sonoma sells it
for $12 and it really works.

You put the thing over the mango, so that the oval on the gadget is in
line with the pit and just press down. Then you crosscut score the
inside of the halves, not cutting into the skin. Then you turn the
halves inside out and you are done!

There is not a lot better than mangoes, blueberries and bryer's
lactose free vanilla ice cream!

I got their 14 x 16 pizza stone and the mango depitter fir $6.00 when
I returned the Cooks Illustrarted book on BBQ that I got for Hannukah.
Great book but very basic.

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 13:15:28 GMT, Alan Calan <[email protected]>
wrote:

>What a great gadget, if you're doing a lot of mangoes or even one or
>two. No more flying mangoes on the floor. William Sonoma sells it
>for $12 and it really works.
>
>You put the thing over the mango, so that the oval on the gadget is in
>line with the pit and just press down. Then you crosscut score the
>inside of the halves, not cutting into the skin. Then you turn the
>halves inside out and you are done!

I do that with a knife.

serene

Alan Calan wrote:

> What a great gadget, if you're doing a lot of mangoes or even one or
> two. No more flying mangoes on the floor. William Sonoma sells it
> for $12 and it really works.

I only wish it would be worth my while. Mangoes usually sell for about $2
around. They are not ripe, and I have not had much luck getting them to
ripen properly. One the rare occasion that I get one that is nice and ripe
they are wonderful.

> You put the thing over the mango, so that the oval on the gadget is in
> line with the pit and just press down. Then you crosscut score the
> inside of the halves, not cutting into the skin. Then you turn the
> halves inside out and you are done!

I have several knives round that will cut them in half. That's not enough
of a problem to have to buy a special tool.

> There is not a lot better than mangoes, blueberries and bryer's
> lactose free vanilla ice cream!

One thing that is better would be Hagen Daz <sp?> Mango gelato. I had it
once and really enjoyed it. I tried to get it in my regular grocery store
and was told there was no such product. A few months later I found it in
another store. I tried again at the regular place and the story changed to
it not being something on the list of things they can get from their
suppliers.