Manhattan/NYC bike rental wanted

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Paul Southworth, Apr 16, 2003.

  1. I find myself on the upper west side of Manhattan for a week, without a bike. If anyone knows where
    I can rent a 58-62cm road bike please drop me a line - bike shop or private owner OK.

    I tried Pedal Pusher which didn't have my size available, and I tried renting one from Larry &
    Jeff's but it was not in usable condition. Any others I should try?

    --Paul

    Tags:

  2. Ron Hardin

    Ron Hardin Guest

    Paul Southworth wrote:

    > I find myself on the upper west side of Manhattan for a week, without a bike. If anyone knows
    > where I can rent a 58-62cm road bike please drop me a line - bike shop or private owner OK.
    >
    > I tried Pedal Pusher which didn't have my size available, and I tried renting one from Larry &
    > Jeff's but it was not in usable condition. Any others I should try?
    >
    > --Paul

    Just buy a discount store bike outright. They work fine.

    Huffy is my only bike, 8000 miles a year.
    --
    Ron Hardin [email protected]

  3. In article <7Qfna.34521$A%[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

    >I find myself on the upper west side of Manhattan for a week, without a bike. If anyone knows where
    >I can rent a 58-62cm road bike please drop me a line - bike shop or private owner OK.
    >
    >I tried Pedal Pusher which didn't have my size available, and I tried renting one from Larry &
    >Jeff's but it was not in usable condition. Any others I should try?

    Bicycle Renaisance on Columbus right across the street from the museum of natural history, I think
    81st street.

    There is also a Metro cycles on 96th street between broadway and amsterdam.