Manhattan to Rutherford, NJ

Rex Vincere

Guest
I have a once-a-week commute from Manhattan to Rutherford, NJ, for which I am looking for ways to
get there on bike. These will be on Saturdays or Sundays, so the traffic will be light. Looking at
maps, it seems impossible to avoid highways.

Anybody know of a route?

tia Rex

"Rex Vincere" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I have a once-a-week commute from Manhattan to Rutherford, NJ, for which I am looking for ways to
> get there on bike. These will be on Saturdays or Sundays, so the traffic will be light. Looking at
> maps, it seems impossible to avoid highways.
>
> Anybody know of a route?

I have ridden on all the following streets (none close to being described as highway). The route
should be acceptable anytime on a Saturday or a Sunday, and most delightful early on a Sunday.

L on Hudson Terrace from GWB L Palisade Ave. @T L Tryon Ave. @SS R Amsterdam Ave. L Palisade Ave. @T
R Cedar Lane @TL/E. Anderson L Park St. R Passaic St. L First St. @TL (eventually becomes Hackensack
Ave. in Rutherford)

If you need any more help please feel free to e-mail me.

Lewis Metzger [email protected] Fair Lawn, NJ

"Rex Vincere" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I have a once-a-week commute from Manhattan to Rutherford, NJ, for which I am looking for ways to
> get there on bike. These will be on Saturdays or Sundays, so the traffic will be light. Looking at
> maps, it seems impossible to avoid highways.
>
> Anybody know of a route?

CORRECTION TO MY PREVIOUS REPLY. The first line WAS L on Hudson Terrace from GWB

and should be

R on Hudson Terrace from GWB

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lewis

This is wonderful. I am going to try it today.

thanks a lot. Rex

news:[email protected]...