Manhattan to Rutherford, NJ

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Rex Vincere, Apr 15, 2003.

  1. Rex Vincere

    Rex Vincere Guest

    I have a once-a-week commute from Manhattan to Rutherford, NJ, for which I am looking for ways to
    get there on bike. These will be on Saturdays or Sundays, so the traffic will be light. Looking at
    maps, it seems impossible to avoid highways.

    Anybody know of a route?

    tia Rex

    Tags:

  2. "Rex Vincere" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have a once-a-week commute from Manhattan to Rutherford, NJ, for which I am looking for ways to
    > get there on bike. These will be on Saturdays or Sundays, so the traffic will be light. Looking at
    > maps, it seems impossible to avoid highways.
    >
    > Anybody know of a route?

    I have ridden on all the following streets (none close to being described as highway). The route
    should be acceptable anytime on a Saturday or a Sunday, and most delightful early on a Sunday.

    L on Hudson Terrace from GWB L Palisade Ave. @T L Tryon Ave. @SS R Amsterdam Ave. L Palisade Ave. @T
    R Cedar Lane @TL/E. Anderson L Park St. R Passaic St. L First St. @TL (eventually becomes Hackensack
    Ave. in Rutherford)

    If you need any more help please feel free to e-mail me.

    Lewis Metzger [email protected] Fair Lawn, NJ

  3. "Rex Vincere" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have a once-a-week commute from Manhattan to Rutherford, NJ, for which I am looking for ways to
    > get there on bike. These will be on Saturdays or Sundays, so the traffic will be light. Looking at
    > maps, it seems impossible to avoid highways.
    >
    > Anybody know of a route?

    CORRECTION TO MY PREVIOUS REPLY. The first line WAS L on Hudson Terrace from GWB

    and should be

    R on Hudson Terrace from GWB

    Sorry for the inconvenience.

    Lewis

  4. Rex Vincere

    Rex Vincere Guest

    This is wonderful. I am going to try it today.

    thanks a lot. Rex

    news:[email protected]...