Manitou Black IT problem

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by potsieweber, Apr 30, 2006.

1. potsieweber

potsieweber New Member

Hi Guys, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this issue I am having. I have an 05 Black fork 120mm with IT/lockout. The Fork seem to be ok once I have set the psi to the correct setting and the rebound and lockout all work great. My problems start if I depress the IT button. Once I do this the fork drops (as it should) then it will not rebound back up and from there on it compresses once my weight is on it and not offer any travel forcing me to lock out the shock completly or go thru the process of filling it back up with air and not touching the IT button which will then bring you back to more of the same. I am thinking this must be some kind of air leak or simply an IT issue. I am not a huge fan of these forks at all since they really have never worked right IMHO.. but I need to at least try to get them to a point where I can at least use them and the IT setup as intended.

Tags:

2. sir.crashalot

sir.crashalot New Member

potsieweber

Ahhh,
    Another Manitou problem - without getting into a rant, they have been aware of this problem for some time - is there a fix yet, i'm not too sure. (call Manitou or your LBS for more help)

One thing that does help with you IT problem is; try lifting up on the front of the bike (as if you are try to pop onto a curb) a few times to get the fork back at full extension - hoaky I know, but it works