manitou magnum r 200

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by burkett, Jun 4, 2003.

  1. burkett

    burkett New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2003
    I am having the same problem as Panda. i.e. servicing my Manitou magnum r forks.

    i would really prefer to service these forks myself and wanted to know if the was a service manual for them. i have tried the answer site but they only have the "bolt at bottom of leg' version.

    Tags:

  2. Panda

    Panda Guest

    in the end i just checked the oil level and that was about it. they were smooother afterwards thou.

    panda

    "burkett" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am having the same problem as Panda. i.e. servicing my Manitou magnum r forks.
    >
    > i would really prefer to service these forks myself and wanted to know if the was a service manual
    > for them. i have tried the answer site but they only have the "bolt at bottom of leg' version.

  3. burkett

    burkett New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2003

    Thanks Panda

    I was just worried about a scratch developing on the upper leg and thought they should get overhauled. i might have to do the Male ego thing and attemp to strip them down myself. Although with stories of shops stripping threads I am unsure of how wise this is.

    Paul