manitou magnum r servicing

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Panda, Feb 6, 2003.

  1. Panda

    Panda Guest

    can anyone please tell me how to get the lower legs off these forks? ive noticed the dark circles at
    the bottom of the leg but cant work out if they are duct covers or what. the manitou website says to
    use 4 and 8 mm allen keys, but how!????

    many thanks

    panda

    Tags:

  2. David Bailey

    David Bailey Guest

    panda <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > can anyone please tell me how to get the lower legs off these forks? ive noticed the dark circles
    > at the bottom of the leg but cant work out if
    they
    > are duct covers or what. the manitou website says to use 4 and 8 mm allen keys, but how!????
    >
    > many thanks
    >
    > panda

    You will neen a long 6mm allen key or a 6mm allen socket with extension bar. The TPC leg is an alloy
    rod the spring leg is a plastic rod. The shafts are exposed at the bottom so you can drill them out
    and remove them is you break the shaft off at the thread. You need to check the bushes to ensure
    they are at correct height and the end cap seal in the TPC leg is still sealing correctly. Do not
    remove the shaft from the end cap seal as you need a bullet like tool to put the seal back on the
    shaft without tearing the seal rubber. Need more details write me direct.

    Cheers db

  3. Panda

    Panda Guest

    cheers