manitou magnum r servicing

Panda

Guest
can anyone please tell me how to get the lower legs off these forks? ive noticed the dark circles at
the bottom of the leg but cant work out if they are duct covers or what. the manitou website says to
use 4 and 8 mm allen keys, but how!????

many thanks

panda

panda <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> can anyone please tell me how to get the lower legs off these forks? ive noticed the dark circles
> at the bottom of the leg but cant work out if
they
> are duct covers or what. the manitou website says to use 4 and 8 mm allen keys, but how!????
>
> many thanks
>
> panda

You will neen a long 6mm allen key or a 6mm allen socket with extension bar. The TPC leg is an alloy
rod the spring leg is a plastic rod. The shafts are exposed at the bottom so you can drill them out
and remove them is you break the shaft off at the thread. You need to check the bushes to ensure
they are at correct height and the end cap seal in the TPC leg is still sealing correctly. Do not
remove the shaft from the end cap seal as you need a bullet like tool to put the seal back on the
shaft without tearing the seal rubber. Need more details write me direct.

Cheers db

cheers

panda

news:[email protected]...