Manitou Pro C forks

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Greg, Jun 12, 2003.

  1. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Hi all,

    Does any one have any serviceing info for these forks (mine are 1997 ones)

    I have checked the Answer site and they don't go back that far!

    I am mainly interested in the oil chamber, how much do I put in :)

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. David Bailey

    David Bailey Guest

    greg <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Does any one have any serviceing info for these forks (mine are 1997 ones)
    >
    > I have checked the Answer site and they don't go back that far!
    >
    > I am mainly interested in the oil chamber, how much do I put in :)
    >
    > Thanks

    Fill the oil leg when its upside down leaving a little space to screw the end cap seal in, it has a
    bleed hole in it to allow the excess fluid to come out. I would seriusoly consider getting a trade
    in on these puppies I have servcied hundreds and they never work real well, Manitou will give you a
    discount from a new frok when you can't purchase parts fro old models. there line is a fork should
    be taken out of service at this age.