Manitou QL Rear Shock Air Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Swhite44

Fellow MTB Lovers,

I just got a quick question. I have the Manitou QL rear air shock and it didn't come with any
user manual. Looking at their web site doesn't show any specs or manuals either. So, I come to
you with my question: does anyone know the max PSI to put into these little air shocks? I think
right now I have it at 150psi but want to know how high I can/should go before I break
something...so I don't actually end up breaking something. I personally don't like too squishy of
a ride so I like it to be pretty tight, only to give on the major drops, etc. So...any input
would be greatly apreshated! Thanks!

-swhite44

swhite44 said...

> Fellow MTB Lovers,
>
> I just got a quick question. I have the Manitou QL rear air shock and it didn't come with any
> user manual. Looking at their web site doesn't show any specs or manuals either. So, I come to
> you with my question: does anyone know the max PSI to put into these little air shocks? I think
> right now I have it at 150psi but want to know how high I can/should go before I break
> something...so I don't actually end up breaking something. I personally don't like too squishy of
> a ride so I like it to be pretty tight, only to give on the major drops, etc. So...any input
> would be greatly apreshated! Thanks!
>
> -swhite44

http://www.answerproducts.com/newpdfs/Qeng.pdf

I weigh 170# and I have mine set at 115psi. You should check the sag by tying a wire tie or
something around the shock and sitting normally being careful not to bounce. When you get off,
measure the distance the tie moved. It should be 25% of the travel. Inflate or deflate accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.