manitou skareb comp

moparchris

Apr 13, 2004
ok well soon im getting an XTC2 which has the skareb comp forks on it, anyone had any experience with these ? ive heard of a few having the arch cracking anyone had that problem ?

i have SID SL's t the moment which have been damn good but are getting a little old and worn, time to chuck them and the DBR and get a cheaper bike (not that $2800 NZD is cheap lol)

moparchris said:
ok well soon im getting an XTC2 which has the skareb comp forks on it, anyone had any experience with these ? ive heard of a few having the arch cracking anyone had that problem ?

i have SID SL's t the moment which have been damn good but are getting a little old and worn, time to chuck them and the DBR and get a cheaper bike (not that $2800 NZD is cheap lol)
I had the Skarebs on an '03 Tomac and was completely unhappy with them, changed after a few weeks. If possible, try riding the Skarebs hard in corners and stopping hard. They are very light xc forks and will flex quite a bit. If you feel comfortable, then fine but I felt they were designed mostly for hard-packed smooth trails. I never had an issue with cracking but then I didn't keep them for long! The ones I had showed way too much give to be controllable for my riding style. Hope this helps.

moparchris said:

A co-cyclist bottomed out his skareb on his '04 trekfuel 95 and made me rethink of its capabilities for a great fork.