Manitou Splice Comp 100mm

Brandon Huff

Guest
What is the Manitou Splice Comp 100mm fork like? And how would it compare
with the MZ Comp 100mm from Marizocchi, in terms of functionality, weight,
and cost? I couldn't find much info on it, so perhaps it's a relatively new
fork? The Manitou Splice Comp is stock on bikes like the 2005 Specialized
Rockhopper Comp Disc, and the 2005 Gary Fisher Mullet.
Thanks in advance,

Brandon Huff wrote:
> What is the Manitou Splice Comp 100mm fork like? And how would it
> compare with the MZ Comp 100mm from Marizocchi, in terms of
> functionality, weight, and cost? I couldn't find much info on it, so
> perhaps it's a relatively new fork? The Manitou Splice Comp is stock
> on bikes like the 2005 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc, and the 2005
> Gary Fisher Mullet.
> Thanks in advance,

It appears to be similar to the current Manitou Black... it's likely just a
rebranding. The crown appears to be new, but that's about it.

The MZ Comp is junk compared to this.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> It appears to be similar to the current Manitou Black... it's likely just

> rebranding. The crown appears to be new, but that's about it.

Is it worth Cdn$200 to upgrade from a MZ Comp to the Manitou Splice Comp?