Manolo Saiz arrested

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by thebluetrain, May 23, 2006.

1. barnstorm

barnstorm New Member

1669 posts about the same topic. Do you work at Nike or the Livestrong foundation? The Postal Service? Trek? Oakley? Berry Freaking Floor? Seriously, there are a few people on this forum strangely obsessed with one or another twisted angle but you literally don't think about anything but this one team.... and given the number of posts you have and the fact posters have caught you a bunch on other forums doing the same, I am just amazed. Branch out... really, you can do it. Probably not actually but I had to say it once. After you actually researched the remaining points of the blue jersey in the Giro and figured out that Savoldelli would win by default, I finally realized how obsessed you really are. OK, I am done. I know others have tried and failed but had to give it a shot.

2. musette

musette New Member

It can't be the case that a team seems clean because they consistently underperform and because they are poorly managed. :p

3. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

Yes but Leblanc just can't stop...

4. mitosis

mitosis New Member

Its certainly doesn't seem to be the case with DC in the Giro. :p

5. MJtje

MJtje New Member

You mean the same as the 2004 TDF, where euskatel (mayo), phonak (hamilton), liberty (heras).........all lost hours to armstrong and basso......

That was also a very strange TDF.......

6. FrenchFanNoDope

FrenchFanNoDope New Member

cine de clincos.

7. FrenchFanNoDope

mores names ona liste printed is spainain newsprint:

Francisco J. Vila Errandonea
    José Luis Rubiera
    Manuel Beltran
    Benjamin Noval Gonzalez

8. MJtje

MJtje New Member

Again the newspaper interviu??

9. FrenchFanNoDope

interviu ist weekly...... in daily presses....

10. wicklow200

wicklow200 New Member

Oh dear!

11. FrenchFanNoDope

Frenchman Casar (finshs Giro 6th) speaks abouts <<Fuentes-gate>>:

This is why French riders competing in the Giro could barely conceal their glee when “Fuentes-gate” erupted in Spain last week.

Casar was no exception: “Of course I’m pleased,” he said on Sunday. “There’s a general feeling amongst us French riders that this is long overdue. Some of my team-mates rode in the Vuelta last year and came back disillusioned. But the fact that I can finish sixth in the Giro proves that not everywhere is like Spain.”

12. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

13. FrenchFanNoDope

In englishs fur du read:

MADRID, May 31 (CP) - The list of riders involved in the Spanish doping scandal continues to grow. The latest reports include Giro d'Italia runner-up José Enrique Gutierrez Cataluña of Phonak.

The operation, also called Operation Puerto is starting to pay off as more and more names are currently being revealed.

Not many are officially confirmed however. Phone conversation recordings do mention nicknames of riders, but rarely mention actual riders' names.

One of these names was 'the
    Buffalo', which refers to José Enrique Gutierrez. The Phonak rider was this year's Giro revelation with a second place in the overall classifications. Recordings show the words "Send food to the Buffalo", which may indicate a link between the rider and doctor Fuentes. Another was José Luis Rubiera of the Discovery team where recordings show the words "Ruby needs water".

Another name to top the list is Santiago Botero Echeverry, also of Phonak. In the past, the Colombian had already been linked to the use of doping, but this was said to be caused by a naturally high testosterone level.

Giro d'Italia champion Ivan Basso is also reported to be mentioned in phone conversations, though this is based on hearing the nickname 'Il Terribele' and has not been confirmed uptil now.

Other names mentioned are Unai Osa Eizaguirre, Michele Scarponi (who suddenly abandoned the Giro on the day Liberty Seguros cancelled their sponsorship), Angel Vicioso Arcos and Oscar Sevilla Ribera.

Several teams have reacted to the matter. T-Mobile announced to distance themselves from any use of doping and will demand a written statement from all riders, that says that they were never involved with doctor Fuentes.

Team manager Olaf Ludwig went on to say that if Sevilla lies or has lied to the team, he would be sacked inmediately.

Phonak meanwhile, who in the past have often been the center of doping cases, said to "acknowledge what has been said by Spanish media" and announced to start an internal investigation.

14. MJtje

MJtje New Member

French fan of no doping can you PLEASE post the source everytime you copy a text from internet.........

Merci!!!!

15. tinks

tinks New Member

16. bobke

bobke New Member

I agree with Casar but I think riders should remain mute until all is out, just my opinion.
    But I can understand how he couldnt resist. It was so clear that Gutierrez was riding on a completely different and new level for him.
    Rumsas, Nozal etc etc

17. FrenchFanNoDope

18. musette

musette New Member

frenchfan... -- I'd like to know exactly what link gave you the above article as written above. You seem to have a penchant for inserting DC riders' names into text that you purport to have quoted from. Here is the original link, as supplied by another poster. Everybody should go to the link and see there is no text, such the that highlighted in blue above, relating to Rubiera of DC.

It could be viewed as unethical to fabricate language for insertion into purported quotes, if you cannot come up with the link.

http://www.cyclingpost.com/giro/article_002824.shtml

Here's what the actual linked article say:

"One of these names was 'the Buffalo', which refers to José Enrique Gutierrez. The Phonak rider was this year's Giro revelation with a second place in the overall classifications. Recordings show the words "Send food to the Buffalo", which may indicate a link between the rider and doctor Fuentes. [Note no reference to Rubiera here]

Another name to top the list is Santiago Botero Echeverry, also of Phonak. In the past, the Colombian had already been linked to the use of doping, but this was said to be caused by a naturally high testosterone level."

If you quoted from another article that was otherwise identical, but did somehow have the Rubiera reference, put your money where your mouth is and link it.

19. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

According to radsportnews.net Valenciana will not be allowed to race the Tour de France. The only reason that it isn't aofficial yet is that managing director Philippe Amaury director of the Amaury mediagroup (or A.S.O. owner of Parisien, L'equipe and the Tour de France) died this week and was burried today. They expect that A.S.O. will announce this in the coming week.

Source: http://radsportnews.net/2006/saizdop7valenc.shtml (German)

20. Strani

Strani New Member

Hi all,

I was looking around the web and came across this thread. The article mentioned above was actually written by me and I can confirm nothing was written about Rubiera. It could have been that the article was edited after the post here, but that's not the case.

It's possible that the 'Ruby needs water' thing was read elsewhere, but not on Cyclingpost :)