Manolo Saiz arrested

Strani said:
It's possible that the 'Ruby needs water' thing was read elsewhere, but not on Cyclingpost :)

It's possible, which is why I made the statement that frenchfan should provide the link he used. I'm waiting. :D

The moderator needs to step in on this.... I have seen him threaten other posters on this forum for repeatedly posting false info. Frenchifandoesnodope has quoted articles and put false info in them in an attempt to cause forum chaos.....

wolfix said:
The moderator needs to step in on this.... I have seen him threaten other posters on this forum for repeatedly posting false info. Frenchifandoesnodope has quoted articles and put false info in them in an attempt to cause forum chaos.....
I agree, i think this can't be tolerated.:mad:

I'm all for free and open forums, but I agree that an intentional misquotation or fabrication of a published source crosses the line.

musette said:
If you quoted from another article that was otherwise identical, but did somehow have the Rubiera reference, put your money where your mouth is and link it.
Yeah right on musette...........:) I hope he comes with some sort of explanation??

Frenchfan seems to assert that the french test their athletes constantly while other countries leave it to the sport. Did anyone else extrapolate that from his ramblings and edited articles? It hits something that suddenly is bugging me. The past few years, French cycling has been completely in the toilet and I have relentlessly made fun of them for that. I assumed it was something about how they developed riders. I am not trying to get too conspiratorial here because there is plenty of real conspiracy to go around right now. But did anyone else catch that and is there anything to it?

If the French are testing the **** out of their own athletes and the rest of the world is behaving like Liberty seems to have, that would explain a lot.

barnstorm said:
Frenchfan seems to assert that the french test their athletes constantly while other countries leave it to the sport. Did anyone else extrapolate that from his ramblings and edited articles? It hits something that suddenly is bugging me. The past few years, French cycling has been completely in the toilet and I have relentlessly made fun of them for that. I assumed it was something about how they developed riders. I am not trying to get too conspiratorial here because there is plenty of real conspiracy to go around right now. But did anyone else catch that and is there anything to it?

If the French are testing the **** out of their own athletes and the rest of the world is behaving like Liberty seems to have, that would explain a lot.

In part, I do think that this does explain the "decline" in french cycling.

cyclingheroes said:
My inside information says it's defenetly one of the reasons
that really sucks. I had a lot of fun making fun of the french cyclists. Now I actually feel a little bad.

On a lighter note for the French. That guy Gadret was climbing like a freak in the Giro. the future of French cycling?

barnstorm said:
that really sucks. I had a lot of fun making fun of the french cyclists. Now I actually feel a little bad.

On a lighter note for the French. That guy Gadret was climbing like a freak in the Giro. the future of French cycling?
Don't stop making fun of the French, they are funny:D . But yes they are very angry and frustrated and have all reason too.

barnstorm said:
Sadly, there is no lighter note anymore. Whenever a rider's performance can be described as "freak," there will always be questions as to how.

The French decline started before major drug testing and the crack down in French cycling. I think the French testing now has kept it down.

I think it is a culture thing. Because at the same time Belgiam cycling has also declined. [A resurgence now I know} The TDF has always been pretty much a 3 way winners circle. French, Italian, Belgian. In the past 20 years no French, Belgian, and only 1 Italian has won. And success of the heros, those that have won TDF's have inspired the youth. No TDF winners, no hero's.

The winner's circle has spread out now. We see Americans, Germans, Spainards, and we even had a Dane win it. And this year we are talking of Vino from a country I am not even sure where it is....

wolfix said:
The French decline started before major drug testing and the crack down in French cycling. I think the French testing now has kept it down.

I think it is a culture thing. Because at the same time Belgiam cycling has also declined. [A resurgence now I know} The TDF has always been pretty much a 3 way winners circle. French, Italian, Belgian. In the past 20 years no French, Belgian, and only 1 Italian has won. And success of the heros, those that have won TDF's have inspired the youth. No TDF winners, no hero's.

The winner's circle has spread out now. We see Americans, Germans, Spainards, and we even had a Dane win it. And this year we are talking of Vino from a country I am not even sure where it is....
I agree, it's more because of the greater competion there exits in the sport today than it is french doping conrol. Also the way the TdF now has a more global appeal than before.

cyclingheroes said:
Don't stop making fun of the French, they are funny:D . But yes they are very angry and frustrated and have all reason too.
Sandy Casar says:
Perhaps most encouraging for French cycling is the news that their riders – be it Casar or someone else – need no longer view the general classification in major tours as an arms race pitting their water pistols against their neighbours' weapons of mass of destruction. This is why French riders competing in the Giro could barely conceal their glee when “Fuentes-gate” erupted in Spain last week. Casar was no exception: “Of course I’m pleased,” he said on Sunday. “There’s a general feeling amongst us French riders that this is long overdue. Some of my team-mates rode in the Vuelta last year and came back disillusioned. But the fact that I can finish sixth in the Giro proves that not everywhere is like Spain.”

(Source: procycling)

FrenchFanNoDope said:
In englishs fur du read:

MADRID, May 31 (CP) - The list of riders involved in the Spanish doping scandal continues to grow. The latest reports include Giro d'Italia runner-up José Enrique Gutierrez Cataluña of Phonak.

The operation, also called Operation Puerto is starting to pay off as more and more names are currently being revealed.

Not many are officially confirmed however. Phone conversation recordings do mention nicknames of riders, but rarely mention actual riders' names.

One of these names was 'the
Buffalo', which refers to José Enrique Gutierrez. The Phonak rider was this year's Giro revelation with a second place in the overall classifications. Recordings show the words "Send food to the Buffalo", which may indicate a link between the rider and doctor Fuentes. Another was José Luis Rubiera of the Discovery team where recordings show the words "Ruby needs water".

Another name to top the list is Santiago Botero Echeverry, also of Phonak. In the past, the Colombian had already been linked to the use of doping, but this was said to be caused by a naturally high testosterone level.

Giro d'Italia champion Ivan Basso is also reported to be mentioned in phone conversations, though this is based on hearing the nickname 'Il Terribele' and has not been confirmed uptil now.

Other names mentioned are Unai Osa Eizaguirre, Michele Scarponi (who suddenly abandoned the Giro on the day Liberty Seguros cancelled their sponsorship), Angel Vicioso Arcos and Oscar Sevilla Ribera.

Several teams have reacted to the matter. T-Mobile announced to distance themselves from any use of doping and will demand a written statement from all riders, that says that they were never involved with doctor Fuentes.

Team manager Olaf Ludwig went on to say that if Sevilla lies or has lied to the team, he would be sacked inmediately.

Phonak meanwhile, who in the past have often been the center of doping cases, said to "acknowledge what has been said by Spanish media" and announced to start an internal investigation.

Hey Frenchy Fan I think you need to explain this. In your previous post you claim Rubiera, Beltran and Noval are on the list. You then quote the article above and the following lines appear:

which may indicate a link between the rider and doctor Fuentes. Another was José Luis Rubiera of the Discovery team where recordings show the words "Ruby needs water".

Another name to top the list is Santiago Botero Echeverry

Then another poster actually posts the link to the article and that has the following text that we can all go see for ourselves:

http://www.cyclingpost.com/giro/article_002824.shtml

Recordings show the words "Send food to the Buffalo", which may indicate a link between the rider and doctor Fuentes.

The part about "ruby needs water" is not there. You have posted it in yourself out of context or just plain made it up??? :mad:

There is also no mention of Beltran or Noval.

Please Explain!!!

wolfix said:

Belgian cycling didn't decline, they have won lots of classics (VDB, Van Petegem, Museeuw,Boonen), they just didn't had a grand tour rider for the overall anymore (by the way 2 of the classic winners where convicted dopers: VDB and Museeuw). Cycling is more than a grand tour and don't forget that if Belgians speak about THE tour they don't mean the Tour de France, they mean the Tour of Flanders!

davidbod said:
Hey Frenchy Fan I think you need to explain this. In your previous post you claim Rubiera, Beltran and Noval are on the list. You then quote the article above and the following lines appear:

which may indicate a link between the rider and doctor Fuentes. Another was José Luis Rubiera of the Discovery team where recordings show the words "Ruby needs water".

Then another poster actually posts the link to the article and that has the following text that we can all go see for ourselves:

http://www.cyclingpost.com/giro/article_002824.shtml

Recordings show the words "Send food to the Buffalo", which may indicate a link between the rider and doctor Fuentes.

The part about "ruby needs water" is not there. You have posted it in yourself out of context or just plain made it up??? :mad:

There is also no mention of Beltran or Noval.

Please Explain!!!

Sorry, I see some of you spotted this before I caught up to the last pages.

Lim are you going to respond to this as moderator?

Notice my repeated requests, and other poster's repeated requests, for frenchfan... to post links. Falsifying snippets to put into articles that are otherwise genuine is highly misleading to the reader, if a link cannot be posted and it is indeed falsification of purported "news".

cyclingheroes said:
Belgian cycling didn't decline, they have won lots of classics (VDB, Van Petegem, Museeuw,Boonen), they just didn't had a grand tour rider for the overall anymore (by the way 2 of the classic winners where convicted dopers: VDB and Museeuw). Cycling is more than a grand tour and don't forget that if Belgians speak about THE tour they don't mean the Tour de France, they mean the Tour of Flanders!
I agree CH....And I guess I was meaning the GT's more then cycling in general. I am a bigger fan of Belgian cycling then I am of the GT's. Matter of fact I have a trip planned in 2 years that is centered around the Tour of Flanders......

My screensaver.....