Manolo Saiz arrested

wolfix said:
I agree CH....And I guess I was meaning the GT's more then cycling in general. I am a bigger fan of Belgian cycling then I am of the GT's. Matter of fact I have a trip planned in 2 years that is centered around the Tour of Flanders......

My screensaver.....
Agreed: In the GT's the Belgium results where pretty bad. If you need help by planning your trip, send me a private message i probebly can help you out. I did a lot of cycling trips in Belgium.

wolfix said:
I agree CH....And I guess I was meaning the GT's more then cycling in general. I am a bigger fan of Belgian cycling then I am of the GT's. Matter of fact I have a trip planned in 2 years that is centered around the Tour of Flanders......

My screensaver.....
that is an excellent image. my background right now is from this years tour of flanders and it shows hushovd, zabel, and baguet all getting off their bikes on the koppenberg

davidbod said:
Lim are you going to respond to this as moderator?

What do you want me to do, when a poster posts a lie?

You said that EPO could be added to urine.
It can't. That statement is a lie.

Do you want me to moderate every single lie posted by every member?

wolfix said:

My screensaver.....

I like that attachment Wolf : that attachment is a copy of drawings done by
an english artist.

I bought one of his drawings - it's one of Hinault, LeMond, Kelly descending in the Alpes during the 1980's.

The Süddeutsche Zeitung (a leading German newspaper) they will publish a story tomorrow (the online version is at: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/weitere/artikel/106/77029/ ) which says about 60 riders are involved in the Saiz/Fuentes case. They belong to 4 teams, 2 Spanish teams and 2 foreign teams. Some of the riders are individuals of other teams. Others are boxer and athletes of athletics (do you call it that in English?). The information comes from El Pais.

limerickman said:

It's not only that he lies, he copied his own text in an article of Cyclingpost, now that's defenitly more than "just" lying.

limerickman said:

Some things are "moderated" through the group. I think of french... posing erroneous things about Sandy Casar's performance in the Giro, to which I posted corrections. One could always say it was a mistake, an innocent faulty recollection or what have you. [Although, given french...'s other posts, I have to wonder.]

In my book, however, outright manipulation of a quote from a published source is egregious and is particularly worthy of some sort of punishment or sanction.
And no, I don't know where to draw a bright line, but I do feel strongly that it has been clearly crossed in this case.

And it does appear to me that french... is not just sloppy, not just sloppy and biased, but is worse. And it does appear to me to be a different level of posting behavior than that of anyone else here.

There may be no answer to this, unfortunately. French... is already on my mental "skip" list, maybe that is the only answer. Maybe all of us should simply never engage with him/her. I don't know.

limerickman said:

I see a difference here. Even if one of the posters on this forum lies about something, the statement is his/hers, and can be tested. It is the poster's words that are at risk. But when you attribute something to a third-party source by quoting it, you put the lie in someone else's mouth. And that's far worse, in my opinion. I don't necessarily believe what the posters on this forum say, but when a poster quotes a third-party source, I presume it's verbatim and that there are not blatant untruths added to the quotation to fit someone's personal agenda. That's crossing the line, IMO, but hey, it's your forum.

cyclingheroes said:
It's not only that he lies, he copied his own text in an article of Cyclingpost, now that's defenitly more than "just" lying.

I'll talk to him/her off line and see what's going on.

limerickman said:
I tried doing that weeks before a 77 mile ride around Lake Tahoe.
Didn't really help at all.:D

We should all relax a bit on this Saiz investigation. I have a feeling there will be a lot more damning information in the coming weeks. Who knows, Saiz might crack and really start spilling the beans.

lw

cyclingheroes said:
oh god, he's from that dire site they call Cyclingpost? :O

lwedge said:
We should all relax a bit on this Saiz investigation. I have a feeling there will be a lot more damning information in the coming weeks. Who knows, Saiz might crack and really start spilling the beans.
THIS is the calm before the storm??? :(

JRMDC said:
THIS is the calm before the storm??? :(
This could be true. I wonder what kind posturing is going on with the big race organizers. I would like to be a fly on the wall at TDF organizers Monday meetings.

lw

Strani said:
Hi all,

I was looking around the web and came across this thread. The article mentioned above was actually written by me and I can confirm nothing was written about Rubiera. It could have been that the article was edited after the post here, but that's not the case.

It's possible that the 'Ruby needs water' thing was read elsewhere, but not on Cyclingpost :)
Recalcitrant! Fool! Yous did not write article! yours bad translations from Spanian! you no footnote! no cine! all secondary! you have no fact Botero at clincos! or Ruberia! or Seville! I see! tape! I posts pictures of bloode und pictures clincos! ur articles is not yours but you copy! I post links velverde und otherjs! I know where your arcycles come from! Liar! Tells peoples on forums hows you no Botero was at clinicos ? u see ? you habe picture ? no you copy!

FrenchFanNoDope said:
Recalcitrant! Fool! Yous did not write article! yours bad translations from Spanian! you no footnote! no cine! all secondary! you have no fact Botero at clincos! or Ruberia! or Seville! I see! tape! I posts pictures of bloode und pictures clincos! ur articles is not yours but you copy! I post links velverde und otherjs! I know where your arcycles come from! Liar! Tells peoples on forums hows you no Botero was at clinicos ? u see ? you habe picture ? no you copy!
I'm getting this image of one of the frou frou French guys in the tower in Monty Python's Holy Grail. "Your mother was a hampster, and your father smelt of elderberrys!"

These doctors are pretty stupid if they think labeling Gutierrez "the buffalo" in Spanish would "encode" and protect the identity of the rider. Gut's nickname in the peloton is "the buffalo", from his breathing. Duuhhhh...

FrenchFanNoDope said:
If the moderator will not respond to this insane drivel, the false accusations and manufactured nonsense from this poster, and constant instigating, I think this thread and forum should close.

The moderaotr has become as much a part of the problem baiting and provoking Musette and others...can we just get back to cycling?