Manual for Giant Yukon?

Bill

Guest
Hi Everyone,

I apologize if this is one of those infintitly repeated questions
but...

Is anyone aware of some kind of detailed repair manual for the Giant
Yukon (preferably 2004 model)? I know they exist for cars, so why not
for bikes?

Thanks in advance!

Bill

Bill wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I apologize if this is one of those infintitly repeated questions
> but...
>
> Is anyone aware of some kind of detailed repair manual for the Giant
> Yukon (preferably 2004 model)? I know they exist for cars, so why not
> for bikes?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Bill

A bike is a bike is a bike.

--
Bob Wheeler --- http://www.bobwheeler.com/
ECHIP, Inc. ---

Bill wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I apologize if this is one of those infintitly repeated questions
> but...
>
> Is anyone aware of some kind of detailed repair manual for the Giant
> Yukon (preferably 2004 model)? I know they exist for cars, so why

not
> for bikes?

Because cars are like 100 times more expensive, not to mention
complicated, and because Giant doesn't actually manufacture their
bikes, they assemble them from components, and pretty much everybody
uses the same components, and the low end bikes use Chinese components
and you probably wouldn't understand the manual if they bothered to
write one. The good news is all of the components are cheaper to throw
away than repair.

Get a generic MTB repair book, check web sites like Park Tool & Sheldon
Brown. They'll show you how to replace the discarded components unless
you decide to discard the whole bike (often the more reasonable choice).

You don't need a bike manual.

There's keeps of books on the market that tell you how to do bike
repairs. Though it would be handy if they gave you the specifications,
like in a car manual.