Manufacturer Shenanigans

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by tonyzackery, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

That's pretty cool. I had no idea this Froze person had ventriloquistic skills...nice...;)

2. gman0482

gman0482 Member

LOL! :D

I'm Taiwanese baby !!!

3. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Cannondale came out with bb30 at the end of the 90s so I'm guessing theyll be sticking with it for a while ;)

Riding a bunch of the latest and greatest earlier this year was quite an experience. Despite a whole bunch of different bottom brackets I really couldn't tell much of a difference in out of the saddle efforts apart from a difference in front end stiffness - apart from the cannondale with the Si cranks. Whether that was due to the cranks, the bb30 or the frame its impossible to tell. Other bikes had similar seat and downtubes and bottom brackets... Maybe it was the cranks.

A much a do about nothing with regards to the bottom brackets on the other bikes like the cervelo r3, madone 6.x, specialized s-works sl2, sl3 and roubaix...

... All damned fine bikes though.

4. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

The fact is that once again your a jackass, but I don't have anything to support it except most of your posts prove you are.

But you go on ahead and buy their bikes as you must have already done from the tone of your writing. And while your at it buy a Chinese scooter, drywall, electrical heaters, cars (when the get here), and whatever else you can find made in China; in fact spend all your money on Chinese goods because you love them so much and want to give their military modernization much needed money.

By the way try this: VeloNews.com - Felt Bicycles recalls road bikes due to aluminum steerer tube failures

And this: Carbon fiber forks on bicycles can hold an insidious danger

Ir your really want to know you'll do the research yourself instead of some lame response as you always provide, but keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent! I won't call you stupid because that would be an insult to stupid people. I've come across decomposed bodies that are less offensive than you are. ahh, was that a little harsh for you? get your milk bottle for comfort.

5. GT Fanatic

GT Fanatic New Member

While your link to carbon fiber forks is good information, the article still lists that carbon fiber forks should be replaced between 4000-5000 miles. At no point does the article state that this is the case for only carbon fiber forks made in other countries.

In fact, this article leaves out quite a bit of pertinent information; how heavy was the rider? Had he previously crashed? Had something previously fallen on the bicycle, causing potential damage?

To touch base on this "member," he does consistently prove himself to be a jackass. As of late, he's been following me from thread to thread, repeating the same advice that others and myself have posted to members, and then acting like he's the one with the knowledge.

Most of his 5500+ posts have more than likely been made through rehashing info that has already been given out in a particular thread and acting like he's the one that said it first, or insulting new members. I've found countless responses from him to newer members where he insults them, trying to make a name for himself and trying to establish some sort of "dominance." As you can imagine, he consistently fails. He's even more entertaining when you disagree with him. Then, he'll act like it's a personal attack against him.

He is certainly a Class A d-bag.

6. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Keep it civil or you'll be banned.

7. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

8. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's no justification given for that suggestion.

Given the volume of bike sales in Europe and the new requirements of bike kit set by CEN standards, I'll bet there are not many CF forks that are sold that don't conform to CEN standards. Besides one lawsuit is an n=1 sampling and isn't indicative of a trend. There's been no mass of fork failures in the industry. Given the volume of CF product made it in the Far East, it's safe to say that there hasn't been a mass of Far East manufactured fork failures, either.

CF manufacturing tech is pretty advanced even in the "lowly" Far East. As much as bike brands want to save money on production, they also don't want to lose money as result of product failure. After all, the bike industry has to be well aware of how litigious Americans are. Is there crap being made in the Far East? Sure, but there's crap being made in the US and Europe, too. There's no indication at all that CF products produced in the Far East are of less quality than CF products produced in the US, Europe, or even lowly third world countries like Canada and Austrazealand.

9. GT Fanatic

GT Fanatic New Member

Yep, there is crap built in America. Look no further than Chrysler and GM.

Taiwan is arguably building the best bicycles in the world, save for the super-expensive domestic ones.

And since when is Canada "third world?" They're right above the United States and live just as well as we do. Do you have any proof to back up your claim that Canada is a third-world country, because if you do, I think we'd all like to see it.

10. cutegirl

cutegirl New Member

Let's just hope these bicycle manufacturers don't try to get carried away like the auto manufacturers...

11. GT Fanatic

GT Fanatic New Member

Yep, we can always hope. I doubt Obama will be so quick to spend our tax money on bailing out Cannondale or Trek.

12. tonyzackery

LOL! Plagiarism alive and well on internet forums...:D

13. tonyzackery

Damn boy, sarcasm's totally wasted on you...LOL!

14. alienator

Much like Austrazealand isn't a real country, Canada isn't a third world country. It's a joke. It's having a wee bit of a run at Canadians, New Zealanders, and Australians. Some things obviously aren't meant literally.

15. gman0482

gman0482 Member

WHAT ARE YOU TALKIN' ABOUT ?!?!?!?

My 3rd cousin is from Austrazealand !!! He moved there 5 years ago after becoming a Germarussianese refugee...

16. alienator

I once knew a therapeutic haberdasher that was Germarussianese. She smelled like soup, but man could she smooth the wrinkles out of a fez.

17. alienator

Much the way an olive branch is an offering of peace, the following video of Great Canadians is my offer of recompense to residents of our northernmost state:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj8s9taRirE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Great Canadians[/ame]

Apologies are also due to our Antipodal friends, so to honor the New Zealanders, I give this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNnkE54vALE[/ame]

And to the Aussies, I think I only need to mention their greatest contribution to society, Men at Work.

18. 64Paramount

64Paramount Active Member

Don't forget vegemite sambitches!

19. swampy1970

Hate to correct more of your misconceptions and 'late to the game' assumptions again, but Cannondale have already been through the ringer and were bought by Dorel industries a long time ago... which is why all US production is ceasing at the end of the year. ;)

20. swampy1970

Good job then that their 'superbike' is the SLR01 and not that lugged monster. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.