Manufacturer Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
alienator said:
What evidence do you have that Chinese bikes haven't held up as well as Euro or American bikes? Where is there a correlation between country of manufacture and quality?

Wait! This just in............Trek has an ongoing issue with CF fork steerers in some its American made bikes. No! That can't be! There 'merican bikes! Sure, Trek is doing the word parsing dance about the issue, but it's not an issue that a lot of other bikes have had....even those made in the Far East or specifically, China.

The fact is, once again you have zero facts to support claims that you make as factual claims.

Trek have had issues with their carbon forks for years - even when those carbon forks had aluminum steerer tubes.Ah, the sight of Hincapie eating dirt when his handlebars came off in his hands mid-race. Mmmm, mud pie a la Roubaix. Isn't French dirt much more fashionable and high class?

swampy1970 said:
Hate to correct more of your misconceptions and 'late to the game' assumptions again, but Cannondale have already been through the ringer and were bought by Dorel industries a long time ago... which is why all US production is ceasing at the end of the year. ;)

REALLY? NO WAY! WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN? Yeah, Dorel Industries/Pacific Cycles has owned Cannondale, GT, Schwinn, and Mongoose for YEARS. You're not correcting anybody...again.

Cannondale will still continue to dub their bicycles as "handmade in the USA," because all it takes is for 60% of the bike to be ASSEMBLED in the USA. They'll simply just have their retailers do it, and then legally they'll be able to do that.

Thanks for repeating to everyone what we all already knew. ;)

tonyzackery said:
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" - Charles Caleb Colton. :D

Maybe imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and at the same time it shows what brainless, unoriginal, and uncreative twit the imitator is.

GT Fanatic said:
Maybe imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and at the same time it shows what brainless, unoriginal, and uncreative twit the imitator is.

Ahhh poor baby, you're apparently still sore at me about my comment identifying your inability to appreciate sarcasm. It was intended as a flesh wound. Sorry to see it went so deep:eek:... Don't fret though. With time it'll heal, and perhaps you'll get over it - some day...:cool:

Everyone have fun debating but let's put a hold on the name calling.

jhuskey said:
Everyone have fun debating but let's put a hold on the name calling.

Duly noted. But it should be recognized that with your above edict you've all but cancelled any further dialogue from this most formidable adversary...:D

tonyzackery said:
Ahhh poor baby, you're apparently still sore at me about my comment identifying your inability to appreciate sarcasm. It was intended as a flesh wound. Sorry to see it went so deep:eek:... Don't fret though. With time it'll heal, and perhaps you'll get over it - some day...:cool:

Uh, I didn't realize that was supposed to be an insult. :confused: I was simply making a comment.

What a dolt...

Thanks GT Fanatic; I watched the Alien attack you as well but loved your responses, I was busting a seam.

As far as the Carbon Fork problem, doesn't it strike anyone a bit odd that the industry is recommending replacing your forks every 4 or 5 thousand miles? Even if they recommended every 10 to 15 thousand, wouldn't that seem a wee bit odd to anyone out there? And you trust your lives to a fork that should be replaced every so often! What would any of you think if the manufacture of your car you drive current said you have to replace the front suspension every 25,000 miles or sudden loss of control could occur? Would you continue to drive it and buy more of these cars?

Yeah I know, I'm bit extreme for wanting a fork to last forever...odd, my Trek 660 has over 150,000 miles on it and the fork is still good, and the manufacture never recommended replacing it after X number of miles. There was a guy that I read about in a newspaper article that had over a million miles on his bike, I wonder how many forks he replaced...NONE!!!

Oh I did forget to mention something, when CF forks use to be made in America and Europe they didn't recommend replacing those every X number of miles, but the ones coming out of China do? Hmmmm. There's something amiss here and I just can't put my finger on it.

Froze said:
Oh I did forget to mention something, when CF forks use to be made in America and Europe they didn't recommend replacing those every X number of miles, but the ones coming out of China do? Hmmmm. There's something amiss here and I just can't put my finger on it.

You do disrespect China's manufacturing prowess in carbon fibre. Martec (Taiwan) manufacture one-quarter of all carbon fibre frames in the world and has plants in China. They produce frames for Orbea among other European brands. You conveniently forget the True Temper recall of its Wolf fork a few years ago and the recent Trek recall. Quit with the China bashing.

GT Fanatic said:
You're a prime example why we only feed the zoo animals instead of talking to them...

LOL! Another cliche-type, anonomous internet tough-guy. You guys are soooo intimidating. Regarding the zoo, according to most of your comments on this forum it's quite apparent that you're just a few generations removed...

Furthermore, as I told another one of your cohorts, when I get you jumpin' the only appropriate and correct response is, "How high?"...

tonyzackery said:
LOL! Another cliche-type, anonomous internet tough-guy. You guys are soooo intimidating. Regarding the zoo, according to most of your comments on this forum it's quite apparent that you're just a few generations removed...

Furthermore, as I told another one of your cohorts, when I get you jumpin' the only appropriate and correct response is, "How high?"...

Wow, that was intelligent; sounded like a classic, "I know you are but what am I." :rolleyes:

Do your parents water-board you in your drool-cup on a daily basis, or is it weekly?

I love when people, who have no clue about squat (cycling at the moment), come out here and talk like they are in 6th grade recess, and actually think they are some type of 'funny' or 0.5% intelligent.

Getting sooo old......

Either contribute or just lerk. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.