Manx Missile Only Has Eyes For Specialized?

slovakguy

Mar 17, 2006
hard to believe that cavendish would throw Sky over for their brand of bike choice. Then again, joining with Omega really puts him back on a team with many familiar faces. and i wouldn't really have any qualms about him riding for that squad.

just the sort of news to keep breakfast interesting.

High-priced prostitutes in brightly colored, skin-tight spandex.
Whomever offers the most money, gets the goods - doesn't what, or whom, the goods are.
Cav is businessman, and the tool of his trade is a bicycle.
His contract with Specialized must be pretty fat.

Originally Posted by slovakguy .

hard to believe that cavendish would throw Sky over for their brand of bike choice. Then again, joining with Omega really puts him back on a team with many familiar faces. and i wouldn't really have any qualms about him riding for that squad.

just the sort of news to keep breakfast interesting.
You could say the same about Team Sky as quite a few of the riders progressed throught the GB Academy with Cav and key members of Sky's management like Brailsford and Ellingworth already have a great relationship with Cav.

But, if I were Cav I'd be pushing for the Specialized bike too. Although I'm not one to fuss over how my bike looks - riding something that doesn't look like it just melted in the back of the car on a hot day has to be a plus.

It looks to me like Specialized's campaign.
They have to do something to turn attention on themselves after the Trek merger.

And just imagine the effect if turns out that under the Cav's Sky Pinarello paint it's actually Specialized.
It's been awhile since this trick wasn't used.
I don't know what regulations are like, but Pinarello might actually agree with this... Widest audience will see Pinarello, which is primary objective; but the true fans will know the truth, which gives Specialized elitist image and targets exquisite audience.
For classic advertising, there's Quick Step Omega Pharma, for underground - there's Sky.

I've seen there's Nike involved too.
Not sure how it will end up (with Nike), but it's hard to imagine Cav riding for some other team but Sky.

Cav's not in it for Specialized - he just wants to be reunited with his best buddy, Andre ;)