Manzano: ‘Testosterone effects almost immediate'

House said:
I think we would actually need info from scientific studies, not from someone doped to the gills with a cocktail of drugs.
***********, I remember you. You used to have huge slanging matches with Flyer as you're a die-hard Tyler believer!

Dead Star said:
***********, I remember you. You used to have huge slanging matches with Flyer as you're a die-hard Tyler believer!
No, everyone who didn't believe Flyer had slanging matches with Flyer. He has now been banned from at least three forums that I know of, mainly for making physical threats and making claims about doping about people who post. As far as Tyler, I simply felt there were too many oddities in the situation to scream "guilty" with no further investigation.

Dead Star said:
House do you still believe Tyler Hamilton is innocent?

Mirco said:
House do you still believe Tyler Hamilton is innocent?
He has been convicted by the UCI and is serving his suspension. Knowing him and a number of people close to him I still find it hard to believe and think there are some unexplained oddities, but agree with the sanctioning.

House said:
I am an apoligist because I want actual proof? More then just the A sample. More then "this one guy tried it and says it works." Using your method of labeling, you are against human rights. What else can it be if you refuse to allow athletes to have their rights as specified by their sport federation and WADA?

Actually the burden of proof has moved to the athlete - when the athlete tests positive.

I suggest that you acquaint yourself with the protocols before trying to **** off other members here.

limerickman said:
Actually the burden of proof has moved to the athlete - when the athlete tests positive.

I suggest that you acquaint yourself with the protocols before trying to **** off other members here.
What a surprise, the uber-biased mod shows up to defend those that believe athletes have no rights...despite the agreement I have already described.

wineandkeyz said:
Why should I assume LF is innocent until proven guilty? Suppose I accuse you of being a child molester... Would you mind if we all assume you're guilty until you can prove that you're not?
Well, when a public figure is arrested for child molestation, the press, if it's doing its job, reports the facts and the public makes up its mind. The story usually runs front page. I don't see the press doing any different with Landis. There have been indicting columns to be sure, but columnist aren't journalists. The nature of column writing is to be opinionated. That's part of living in a democracy.

My fear is, Landis' case will go the way of Hamilton's, where it drags on for years and turns into a joke. Talk about something being bad for cycling. It still amazes me that, despite the fact that Hamilton's case ran the entire course of judicial review ref. the sports federations involved, some poor lost souls out there still think of him as a victim. To them I say, tear down the Tugboat posters from the ceiling of your bedroom. It's over.

I'm afraid the same thing will happen with Landis, but I will excuse any Landis fan for not tearing down the posters on their bedroom ceilings of Landis' wife. Maybe, just cut Floyd out and PhotoShop Lance on top. Good luck with that project as I'm sure many will try.

House said:
What a surprise, the uber-biased mod shows up to defend those that believe athletes have no rights...despite the agreement I have already described.

Athletes have rights.

But if you read the protocols - when an athlete fails a dope test - the burden of proof moves to the athlete to establish his innocence.

It's in the protocols - you need to familiarise yourself with the protocols before trying to **** off other members here.

helmutRoole2 said:
Well, when a public figure is arrested for child molestation, the press, if it's doing its job, reports the facts and the public makes up its mind. The story usually runs front page. I don't see the press doing any different with Landis. There have been indicting columns to be sure, but columnist aren't journalists. The nature of column writing is to be opinionated. That's part of living in a democracy.

My fear is, Landis' case will go the way of Hamilton's, where it drags on for years and turns into a joke. Talk about something being bad for cycling. It still amazes me that, despite the fact that Hamilton's case ran the entire course of judicial review ref. the sports federations involved, some poor lost souls out there still think of him as a victim. To them I say, tear down the Tugboat posters from the ceiling of your bedroom. It's over.

I'm afraid the same thing will happen with Landis, but I will excuse any Landis fan for not tearing down the posters on their bedroom ceilings of Landis' wife. Maybe, just cut Floyd out and PhotoShop Lance on top. Good luck with that project as I'm sure many will try.
They use the word "alleged" when talking about a star...or a normal person, but not when talking about cyclists.

House said:
You can't be serious...

limerickman said:
Athletes have rights.

But if you read the protocols - when an athlete fails a dope test - the burden of proof moves to the athlete to establish his innocence.

It's in the protocols - you need to familiarise yourself with the protocols before trying **** off other members here.
Until the B sample has been tested he has not failed yet. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

House said:
Until the B sample has been tested he has not failed yet. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

The protocols are quite clear : when the athlete fails a test, he is deemed guilty.

Until another sample result contradicts the initial positive result - the athlete continues to be treated as being guilty of a doping offence.
That is why the athlete is suspended from competition.

It's in the protocols - you need to familiarise yourself with the protocols before trying to **** off other members here.

House said:
So you are saying someone is guilty without actually knowing the rules?!?!?! Thanks for proving everything I have been saying on these forums.
Yes, I prefer say "he is guilty", he has failed the test. This is the fact, now if you prefer you can say "No proof", you can, we must just wait a few hours.

House said:
If you are so sure that the testing is 100% accurate then why did all sides agree to the B sample rule? A rider is not considered officially guilty until the B sample confirms the A sample. That's the way it is.
Old times certainly, when they have doubts on tests,and with EPO test which is more difficult... and so, but now, all I have read, heard about from german, suisse, french experts on doping, they are all sure for THIS CASE!

limerickman said:
The protocols are quite clear : when the athlete fails a test, he is deemed guilty.

Until another sample result contradicts the initial positive result - the athlete continues to be treated as being guilty of a doping offence.

I am not trying to get in the middle of this arguement, but isn't it UCI practise to withhold guilt until the results of the B sample are concluded? I thought that was the case.

Deli said:
I am not trying to get in the middle of this arguement, but isn't it UCI practise to withhold guilt until the results of the B sample are concluded? I tought that was the case.

No.

If the athlete's A sample is positive - the athlete is deemed to be guilty and the burden of "proof of innocence" moves from the doping agency, to the athlete.

The athlete is suspended from competition until such time as the athlete can establish his innocence.

The taking of the B sample allows the athlete the opportunity to regain the presumption of innocence if the B sample contradicts the A sample result.
In other words the athlete is given a second chance to try to establish his innocence.

limerickman said:
No.

If the athlete's A sample is positive - the athlete is deemed to be guilty and the burden of "proof of innocence" moves from the doping agency, to the athlete.

The athlete is suspended from competition until such time as the athlete can establish his innocence.

The taking of the B sample allows the athlete the opportunity to regain the presumption of innocence if the B sample contradicts the A sample result.
In other words the athlete is given a second chance to try to establish his innocence.
Interesting. On Thursday, Pat McQuaid said:

[size=-1]"At this point in time, Floyd Landis has to be given the presumption of innocence. If he is positive then I'm devastated, angry and annoyed. I will have to deal with the ramifications for the sport immediately.[/size] "

Looks like the UCI needs to decide exactly how they handle things like this.

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10594.0.html

limerickman said:

Interestingly I was just perusing the UCI Anti-Doping rules and the closest thing it says to what you claim is that "a rider may accept the A sample analytical results and waive the B sample analysis" Chapter VII of the UCI Anti-Doping Rules. I guess the UCI disagreeing with will make no difference.

To clarify and Lim is right. When an A sample is positive the athlete is deemed guilty. The athlete, the team and the federation is informed and the athlete is suspended from competition. From this point the athlete can request that the B sample is tested or they can admit guilt. If the B sample is tested then the athlete is temporarily suspended until the result of the B sample is returned. If the B sample is also positive then the athlete is suspended for two years from competition and four years from the ProTour. If it’s a second offence then the athlete is suspended for life. The athlete can appeal the decision through his federation and then onto CAS if he/she chooses. If the B sample comes back negative then the test is deemed to be a “false positive” and then athlete can return to competition.

limerickman said:
No.

Deli said:
Interesting. On Thursday, Pat McQuaid said:

[size=-1]"At this point in time, Floyd Landis has to be given the presumption of innocence. If he is positive then I'm devastated, angry and annoyed. I will have to deal with the ramifications for the sport immediately.[/size] "

Looks like the UCI needs to decide exactly how they handle things like this.

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10594.0.html

The protocols are quite clear.

The athlete is suspended from competition until such time as the athlete can establish his innocence (either through a different result in the B sample or by some other means).

An innocent athlete cannot be suspended.
All athletes guilty of failing their first test - are deemed guilty and are suspended until such time as that guilt can be purged.