Manzano & Hamilton

Bro Deal

Jun 26, 2006
I just snagged this snippet from a story about Jesus Manzano:

Using other people's blood

One thing Jesus Manzano did draw the line at was getting a blood transfusion with someone else's blood, although he says the choice was offered to him. "Ultimately, I've heard that other people can be utilised for blood transfusions. Look, I've not done that, because in life you must be sincere and not a liar. They offered it to me. I don't have to put the lives of my mother, of my family and of my girlfriend in danger. They offered it to me because a rider when he is racing cannot take products such as EPO. What would happen is to enrich the blood of some person and extract it, before they do the test.

"They offered to do it with my girlfriend, Marina, and with certain others. They asked me if there was some relative with the same blood group as me...It's too much that I'm putting my own life in danger. With all the **** that there is, all the hypocrites covering it up...I'm not going to say if others have utilised it. I don't give names, I'm only accusing myself, no-one else. Neither sportsmen, ex-teammates, teams... That remains clear in this interview, that I don't blame anyone. Is it worth it?

This lends credence to a hunch I have had for a while that Hamilton was probably using his wife's blood. Since she was handling the payment and such, why not the give a little blood also?

Bro Deal said:
I just snagged this snippet from a story about Jesus Manzano:

Using other people's blood

One thing Jesus Manzano did draw the line at was getting a blood transfusion with someone else's blood, although he says the choice was offered to him. "Ultimately, I've heard that other people can be utilised for blood transfusions. Look, I've not done that, because in life you must be sincere and not a liar. They offered it to me. I don't have to put the lives of my mother, of my family and of my girlfriend in danger. They offered it to me because a rider when he is racing cannot take products such as EPO. What would happen is to enrich the blood of some person and extract it, before they do the test.

"They offered to do it with my girlfriend, Marina, and with certain others. They asked me if there was some relative with the same blood group as me...It's too much that I'm putting my own life in danger. With all the **** that there is, all the hypocrites covering it up...I'm not going to say if others have utilised it. I don't give names, I'm only accusing myself, no-one else. Neither sportsmen, ex-teammates, teams... That remains clear in this interview, that I don't blame anyone. Is it worth it?

This lends credence to a hunch I have had for a while that Hamilton was probably using his wife's blood. Since she was handling the payment and such, why not the give a little blood also?
Does his wife even have the same blood type?

Casa said:
Does his wife even have the same blood type?
I don't know, but the way she was involved with dealing with Fuentes and the way she has toured the country with Tyler, showing off his gold medal, always made me suspect that she could have been Tyler's blood source. Finding this old bit about Manzano saying that Fuentes would use the blood of people close to the athlete increases my suspicion.

whiteboytrash said:
This has got tugaboat written all over it...... he was the same blood type as tyler.......
Tugboat? Is that his wife's name? Bruyneel's wife is called Bargeface.

I always loved the UCI response to Manzano's claims in 2004...... I think they also threatened to sue him !
___

But now the chickens appear to have come home to roost and, in the pecking order of doping scandals, the Manzano affair could hardly be more brutal and more blatant than anything that has come before.
The pictures alone - running into dozens - of Manzano shoving syringes into his arms and stomach go way beyond AS' usual sensationalist fodder of scantily clad footballers' girlfriends or female fans. His declarations are far more detailed than whatever ***** Voet had to say about organised doping at Festina in 1998, probably the previous most shocking revelation in the sport.

The test now, perhaps, is how immune cycling - and sport in general - has become to such gruesome scandals.

Certainly, the defence mechanisms now developed to perfection after 1998's scandals have kicked rapidly into action. Kelme themselves denied all knowledge of Manzano's claims and threatened legal action. The riders have sunk into collective silence. The UCI issued a statement saying it "could not tolerate these sporting massacres" and that "nobody will ask for proof". Possibly the only way that Manzano's case could be undermined is in the Spanish Ministry of Sport's hurriedly opened investigation, which the acting Minister, Javier Gomez Angulo, has said "will have to go through the legal channels, because these claims are too serious."

whiteboytrash said:
That was his dog..... the one that died of a drug overdose....
Bruyneel's wife is a dog called Bargeface who lives on a tugboat in Hamilton? Is that Hamilton NZ or Hamilton Canada? I'm confused. :confused: