Map holder?

As a trike owner I find that the mounting of accessories is always a challenge. Mounting a map case
presented a special problem.

My solution was to strap it around my waist. The strap is one of those 1-inch-wide woven types
(adjustable with a quick release). They're available at REI, Campmor, etc. as backpack tie-downs and
run about 4 ft. for about $2. I also spied them at HomeDepot after the fact.

The map case itself was an old kayak map case. Water-proof with a clip on each corner. The original
size accomodated an 11x14 inch sheet which I found to be too large for cycling so I simply cut the
case in half. The cut edge became the new opening, kept closed by adhesive-backed velcro strips.
Threaded the belt through the two remaining clips and voila!

The solution worked out well (for once).

Steve,

I bought a clear plastic pencil holder at office depot for about 1.99 and use a big paper clip
around the horizontal bar between the handlebars. I have about 4" by 8" of the map visible.
Works great.

regards,

Bill "Steve Fox" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Anyone find a map holder that works with Easy Racer handlebars? Thanks.
>
> --
> Steve Fox McKinleyville, CA http://members.cox.net/steve.fox
>
> Delete NOSPAM to reply

Steve Fox <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Anyone find a map holder that works with Easy Racer handlebars? Thanks.

I just clip the map to the bottom of my jersey. I works pretty well. You have to hold it up to read
it, but at least it's readily accessible.

Morgan.

When I rode club rides all the time on my upright, I used an alligator clip tie-wrapped to the
handlebar. Worked great. Now in my USS SWB, I have a badge clip tie-wrapped to the boom about 8-10
inches ahead of the headset. I fold the map/route instructions so they fit between the clip and the
headset. Sometimes they are a little far away for reading with my bifocals but...

<Chas> Haluzak Hybrid Race -- the inline wheelchair

"Ron Friedel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I used one from Adventure Cycling. It cost $10. You can see it pictured on my Tour Easy at
> http://www.friedel.org/Friedel-Schmalz%20Cross%20Country%20Bike%20Trip/
Or