Map holder?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Steve Fox, Jan 29, 2003.

  1. Steve Fox

    Steve Fox Guest

    Anyone find a map holder that works with Easy Racer handlebars? Thanks.

    --
    Steve Fox McKinleyville, CA http://members.cox.net/steve.fox

    Delete NOSPAM to reply

    Tags:

  2. Robert Wand

    Robert Wand Guest

  3. Ben Fox

    Ben Fox Guest

  4. Crispy

    Crispy Guest

    As a trike owner I find that the mounting of accessories is always a challenge. Mounting a map case
    presented a special problem.

    My solution was to strap it around my waist. The strap is one of those 1-inch-wide woven types
    (adjustable with a quick release). They're available at REI, Campmor, etc. as backpack tie-downs and
    run about 4 ft. for about $2. I also spied them at HomeDepot after the fact.

    The map case itself was an old kayak map case. Water-proof with a clip on each corner. The original
    size accomodated an 11x14 inch sheet which I found to be too large for cycling so I simply cut the
    case in half. The cut edge became the new opening, kept closed by adhesive-backed velcro strips.
    Threaded the belt through the two remaining clips and voila!

    The solution worked out well (for once).

  5. Bill & Gerri

    Bill & Gerri Guest

    Steve,

    I bought a clear plastic pencil holder at office depot for about 1.99 and use a big paper clip
    around the horizontal bar between the handlebars. I have about 4" by 8" of the map visible.
    Works great.

    regards,

    Bill "Steve Fox" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone find a map holder that works with Easy Racer handlebars? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Steve Fox McKinleyville, CA http://members.cox.net/steve.fox
    >
    > Delete NOSPAM to reply

  6. Ron Friedel

    Ron Friedel Guest

  7. Morgan Jones

    Morgan Jones Guest

    Steve Fox <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anyone find a map holder that works with Easy Racer handlebars? Thanks.

    I just clip the map to the bottom of my jersey. I works pretty well. You have to hold it up to read
    it, but at least it's readily accessible.

    Morgan.

  8. <Chas>

    <Chas> Guest

    When I rode club rides all the time on my upright, I used an alligator clip tie-wrapped to the
    handlebar. Worked great. Now in my USS SWB, I have a badge clip tie-wrapped to the boom about 8-10
    inches ahead of the headset. I fold the map/route instructions so they fit between the clip and the
    headset. Sometimes they are a little far away for reading with my bifocals but...

    <Chas> Haluzak Hybrid Race -- the inline wheelchair

    "Ron Friedel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I used one from Adventure Cycling. It cost $10. You can see it pictured on my Tour Easy at
    > http://www.friedel.org/Friedel-Schmalz%20Cross%20Country%20Bike%20Trip/
    Or