Map pouch

Jeffrey Barish

Guest
I would like a clear, waterproof pouch with which to hang a map from my handlebar. I hope to avoid
getting a handlebar bag just to take advantage of the map pouches usually found on top. Does anyone
make just a map pouch that attaches to the handlebar with velcro?

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:

> I would like a clear, waterproof pouch with which to hang a map from my handlebar. I hope to avoid
> getting a handlebar bag just to take advantage of the map pouches usually found on top. Does
> anyone make just a map pouch that attaches to the handlebar with velcro?

I've seen a number of handlebar/stem-mounted mapholders at my LBS and at REI.

Van

--
Van Bagnol / v a n at wco dot com / c r l at bagnol dot com ...enjoys - Theatre / Windsurfing /
Skydiving / Mountain Biking ...feels - "Parang lumalakad ako sa loob ng paniginip" ...thinks - "An

You can make a simple map holder with one of those plastic literature slipcases and a couple of pipe
cleaners. I've been using one for several years.

I also have a handlebar tool bag with a map case built in, but I've never used it.

--
Low-Impact Rides in the NY/LI region www.geocities.com/NYRides "Chris Zacho "The Wheelman""
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> CycoActive BarMap. Available at

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?Krypto=lCcaC5p
%2B1IKCF1vgV49CtemSqo3B4KBjwLzQFpYMGo8%3D

> That what you're looking for?
>
> May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear for the hills! Chris
>
> Chris'Z Corner "The Website for the Common Bicyclist": http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

"Jeffrey Barish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I would like a clear, waterproof pouch with which to hang a map from my handlebar. I hope to avoid
> getting a handlebar bag just to take advantage of the map pouches usually found on top. Does
> anyone make just a map pouch that attaches to the handlebar with velcro?

Cycoactive makes several models, one, a large foldable, (Cycoactive Bar Map Otg) is available from
Nashbar, the smaller ones are also widely available.

Jeffrey Barish wrote:
> I would like a clear, waterproof pouch with which to hang a map from my handlebar. I hope to avoid
> getting a handlebar bag just to take advantage of the map pouches usually found on top. Does
> anyone make just a map pouch that attaches to the handlebar with velcro?

You guys are great! Thanks for the suggestions.

I like the price of that!

news:[email protected]...