Map pouch

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jeffrey Barish, Apr 17, 2003.

  1. I would like a clear, waterproof pouch with which to hang a map from my handlebar. I hope to avoid
    getting a handlebar bag just to take advantage of the map pouches usually found on top. Does anyone
    make just a map pouch that attaches to the handlebar with velcro?

    Tags:

  2. Van Bagnol

    Van Bagnol Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:

    > I would like a clear, waterproof pouch with which to hang a map from my handlebar. I hope to avoid
    > getting a handlebar bag just to take advantage of the map pouches usually found on top. Does
    > anyone make just a map pouch that attaches to the handlebar with velcro?

    I've seen a number of handlebar/stem-mounted mapholders at my LBS and at REI.

    Van

    --
    Van Bagnol / v a n at wco dot com / c r l at bagnol dot com ...enjoys - Theatre / Windsurfing /
    Skydiving / Mountain Biking ...feels - "Parang lumalakad ako sa loob ng paniginip" ...thinks - "An

  3. Nyrides

    Nyrides Guest

    You can make a simple map holder with one of those plastic literature slipcases and a couple of pipe
    cleaners. I've been using one for several years.

    I also have a handlebar tool bag with a map case built in, but I've never used it.

    --
    Low-Impact Rides in the NY/LI region www.geocities.com/NYRides "Chris Zacho "The Wheelman""
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > CycoActive BarMap. Available at

    http://www.campmor.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?Krypto=lCcaC5p
    %2B1IKCF1vgV49CtemSqo3B4KBjwLzQFpYMGo8%3D

    > That what you're looking for?
    >
    > May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear for the hills! Chris
    >
    > Chris'Z Corner "The Website for the Common Bicyclist": http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

  4. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest

    "Jeffrey Barish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I would like a clear, waterproof pouch with which to hang a map from my handlebar. I hope to avoid
    > getting a handlebar bag just to take advantage of the map pouches usually found on top. Does
    > anyone make just a map pouch that attaches to the handlebar with velcro?

    Cycoactive makes several models, one, a large foldable, (Cycoactive Bar Map Otg) is available from
    Nashbar, the smaller ones are also widely available.

  5. Jeffrey Barish wrote:
    > I would like a clear, waterproof pouch with which to hang a map from my handlebar. I hope to avoid
    > getting a handlebar bag just to take advantage of the map pouches usually found on top. Does
    > anyone make just a map pouch that attaches to the handlebar with velcro?

    You guys are great! Thanks for the suggestions.

  6. Matt Gaffney

    Matt Gaffney Guest

    I like the price of that!

    news:[email protected]...