Map pouch

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jeffrey Barish, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would like a clear, waterproof pouch with which to hang a map from my handlebar. I hope to avoid
    getting a handlebar bag just to take advantage of the map pouches usually found on top. Does anyone
    make just a map pouch that attaches to the handlebar with velcro?

Tags:

2. Van Bagnol

Van Bagnol Guest

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:

> I would like a clear, waterproof pouch with which to hang a map from my handlebar. I hope to avoid
    > getting a handlebar bag just to take advantage of the map pouches usually found on top. Does
    > anyone make just a map pouch that attaches to the handlebar with velcro?

I've seen a number of handlebar/stem-mounted mapholders at my LBS and at REI.

Van

--
    Van Bagnol / v a n at wco dot com / c r l at bagnol dot com ...enjoys - Theatre / Windsurfing /
    Skydiving / Mountain Biking ...feels - "Parang lumalakad ako sa loob ng paniginip" ...thinks - "An
    Error is Not a Mistake ... Unless You Refuse to Correct It"

3. Nyrides

Nyrides Guest

You can make a simple map holder with one of those plastic literature slipcases and a couple of pipe
    cleaners. I've been using one for several years.

I also have a handlebar tool bag with a map case built in, but I've never used it.

--
    Low-Impact Rides in the NY/LI region www.geocities.com/NYRides "Chris Zacho "The Wheelman""
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > CycoActive BarMap. Available at
    >
    http://www.campmor.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?Krypto=lCcaC5p
    %2B1IKCF1vgV49CtemSqo3B4KBjwLzQFpYMGo8%3D
    >
    > That what you're looking for?
    >
    > May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear for the hills! Chris
    >
    > Chris'Z Corner "The Website for the Common Bicyclist": http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

4. Peter Cole

Peter Cole Guest

"Jeffrey Barish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I would like a clear, waterproof pouch with which to hang a map from my handlebar. I hope to avoid
    > getting a handlebar bag just to take advantage of the map pouches usually found on top. Does

Cycoactive makes several models, one, a large foldable, (Cycoactive Bar Map Otg) is available from
    Nashbar, the smaller ones are also widely available.

5. Jeffrey Barish wrote:
    >

You guys are great! Thanks for the suggestions.

6. Matt Gaffney

Matt Gaffney Guest

I like the price of that!

NYRides <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > You can make a simple map holder with one of those plastic literature slipcases and a couple of
    > pipe cleaners. I've been using one for several years.
    >
    > I also have a handlebar tool bag with a map case built in, but I've never used it.
    >
    > --
    > Low-Impact Rides in the NY/LI region www.geocities.com/NYRides "Chris Zacho "The Wheelman""
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > CycoActive BarMap. Available at
    > >
    >
    http://www.campmor.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?Krypto=lCcaC5p
    > %2B1IKCF1vgV49CtemSqo3B4KBjwLzQFpYMGo8%3D
    > >
    > > That what you're looking for?
    > >
    > > May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear for the hills! Chris
    > >
    > > Chris'Z Corner "The Website for the Common Bicyclist": http://www.geocities.com/czcorner
    > >

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.