Mapping trails with GPS

Xiaoding: I've added that functionality now... click on the map, and it
will show the coordinates (and a marker on the map to remind you of
where you clicked)

On 10 Aug 2005 09:10:41 -0700, Jimmy wrote:

> You got your hands on a pretty good topo map. I assume the height
> values come from the map, and not the GPS unit?

Yes, its from the software...I don't recall what the program was, that was
a few years back.

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address

news:[email protected]...

DeLorme Topo does 3D maps. http://www.delorme.com/quads/default.asp

Jimmy wrote:
> Hehe were those rethorical questions?

Was that one? :D

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Per Dean A. Stepper:
>> DeLorme Topo does 3D maps. http://www.delorme.com/quads/default.asp

> So does TopoFusion: various rez's, any area any time. It also
> allows for building/storing/displaying GPS coordinate-based routes -
> either from uploads from a GPS device, or just point-and-click on the
> screen.
>
> www.TopoFusion.com

Topofusion looks great but I am so frustrated as I can't get it to run on my
system, am awaiting the new relaese to see if the bugs get fixed.

Penny

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Per small change:
>> Topofusion looks great but I am so frustrated as I can't get it to
>> run on my system, am awaiting the new relaese to see if the bugs get
>> fixed.

> How old is your PC? What OS? What kind of problems?
>
> I thought mine was pretty hot until I started using the
> bottom-of-the-line basic business model that one of my clients bought
> for me to use at their site.
>
> A week later, I built myself a new PC and retired what I then
> realized was my dinosaur.

it's a newly formatted, XP home, 1.7ghz chip, 512 RAM, 80 mb hard drive,
good video card etc. It's some weird bug thing and I've been talking to the
guys on the support board about what's going on. I get an error screen when
I try to download data from my garmin and the program locks up. I've got
screen shots loaded on the topofusion support board.

P.

Per small change: