Maps 4 Cycling Northern Ontario?

Sir Ridesalot

Guest
Hi there.

Are there any decent maps one could use for planning a cycling tour in
Northern Ontario around the Temagami or Kirkland lake areas?

I find that automobile road maps pr the cycling maps based on them are
not very useful. Some times a town or hamlet shown as being right
beside a highway or road might in fact be nearly 10 kilometres from
it.

Topographic maps are good but they are large and expensive.

Thanks from Peter

On Dec 22, 10:19 pm, Sir Ridesalot <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> Are there any decent maps one could use for planning a cycling tour in
> Northern Ontario around the Temagami or Kirkland lake areas?

You might want to contact Shane Keating via CrazyGuyOnABike.com, who's
journal of his ride through that area (and more) is a really great
read.

Find it here: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/shane07

(The actual ride was from Massachusetts to Churchill Manitoba, more or
less.)