Maps for the Piedmonte.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by majordan, Feb 24, 2004.

1. majordan

majordan New Member

We'll be going to the Piedmont for a week in early June and am wondering if anyone can recommend maps for the area--preferfably about 1:100 000-- and a source for them. The plan is to ride road bikes so we'll need to find some smaller roads where we are less likely to get run over.13

Tags:

2. dockers

dockers New Member

i would look into the michellin maps myself. they're great, however i think they might be 1:200,000. dunno. good luck.

3. Ifhannibalhad

Ifhannibalhad New Member

Hi I live in the western part of Piedmonte and run a cycling holiday company in this area. www.Ifhannibalhad.com. The maps you need would be Istituto Geografico Centrale Carta dei Sentieri e dei rifugi. They produce maps of 1:50,000 or 1:25,000 or 1:75,000 depending on which area you are interested in. They are available locally in good bookshops.

If I am available I would be more than happy to offer my facilities as a guide (subject to a consideration). You will find that even on the main roads you will be shown respect by motorists. Most of the roads in this area a fairly quiet.

4. provolino57

provolino57 New Member

If you want, you can find and buy the maps online at http://www.maps-store.it/home.asp

Or you can buy the map in Turin, in Via Roma, centre of Turin, you can find there two libraries that sell the maps.

5. QikSmurf

QikSmurf New Member

Hi there,

I recently visited my aunt in Rosazza. The roads are awesome for anyone wanting to climb mountains with a spectacular view.