Mardi Gras Day Dinner

ms. tonya

Guest
Wondering how people here are celebrating Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday
tomorrow.

Our dinner is going to be simple this year as Wednesday we are taking
our female cat to the vets to track down what's causing heavy gasping
breathing and my nerves are shot worrying about my beloved
pet of 12 years.

Our dinner will be Jambalaya made with traditional chicken & Andouille
sausage.
Dessert will be bakery bought King Cake.

"ms. tonya" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wondering how people here are celebrating Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday
> tomorrow.
>
> Our dinner is going to be simple this year as Wednesday we are taking
> our female cat to the vets to track down what's causing heavy gasping
> breathing and my nerves are shot worrying about my beloved
> pet of 12 years.
>
> Our dinner will be Jambalaya made with traditional chicken & Andouille
> sausage.
> Dessert will be bakery bought King Cake.

Ours will be a traditional Shrove Tuesday splurge on pancakes (or shroves,
as my children called them when they were young) with -- what else -- crepes
for dessert.

Felice

ms. tonya wrote:
> Wondering how people here are celebrating Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday
> tomorrow.
>
> Our dinner is going to be simple this year as Wednesday we are taking
> our female cat to the vets to track down what's causing heavy gasping
> breathing and my nerves are shot worrying about my beloved
> pet of 12 years.
>
> Our dinner will be Jambalaya made with traditional chicken & Andouille
> sausage.
> Dessert will be bakery bought King Cake.

We're not. I was raised Protestant (but now I'm an atheist), so it
isn't part
of my cultural tradition. Apart from taking today as an excuse to eat
paczki, there isn't much happening here in Michigan.

Besides, it's a work day. If it's not too windy tonight, I'll grill a
steak--it's
supposed to reach 32 F today. Steak, salad, some starch (bread or
pasta with butter/basil/garlic). No dessert on week nights, although
if I feel
like it I might eat some fruit after supper.

Cindy Hamilton

Since you reminded me, i think I'll use the pound of Rock Shrimp I got
at Trader Joe's, and make a shrimp creole pasta. Salad alongside.
Nothing special, but at least a nod to it. And i'll dig out some beads
to use as napkin rings =)

"ms. tonya" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wondering how people here are celebrating Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday
> tomorrow.
>
> Our dinner is going to be simple this year as Wednesday we are taking
> our female cat to the vets to track down what's causing heavy gasping
> breathing and my nerves are shot worrying about my beloved
> pet of 12 years.
>
> Our dinner will be Jambalaya made with traditional chicken & Andouille
> sausage.
> Dessert will be bakery bought King Cake.
>==============

We're 'celebrating' it by eating left overs. LOL!!

Mock Beef Wellingtons - ground beef, mushrooms, cabbage, etc.., baked in
dough.
--
Syssi

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:59:01 -0500, [email protected] (ms. tonya)
wrote:

>Wondering how people here are celebrating Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday
>tomorrow.
>
>Our dinner is going to be simple this year as Wednesday we are taking
>our female cat to the vets to track down what's causing heavy gasping
>breathing and my nerves are shot worrying about my beloved
>pet of 12 years.
>
>Our dinner will be Jambalaya made with traditional chicken & Andouille
>sausage.
>Dessert will be bakery bought King Cake.

I wanted a King cake, but alas we found none. I was too pooped to do
anything in the kitchen tonight. We went to Molina's mexican joint.
I had a shrimp dinner.

I did see somebody with Mardi Gras beads, but she had her shirt on.
--
modom

"My baby's got no clothes
'Cause she's makin' chicken soup."