Mardi Gras King Cake Recipe

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Love New Orlean, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. <html>Hi, all! Any Mardi Gras fans out there? Ya know, Mardi Gras is more than what you see on Girls
    Gone Wild! In fact, the stereotype associated with it is the smallest part of it! Naturally my
    favorite part of Carnival is the food! Anyone ever heard of King Cake? It is to Carnival what
    cookies are to Christmas. Here's a vintage <a href="http://community.webtv.net/rsbibb/KingCake">King
    Cake Recipe</a> that dates back to the late 19th century. Give it a try and let me know what you

    Tags:

  2. Sami

    Sami Guest

    "Love New Orleans" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    3178.bay.webtv.net... Hi, all! Any Mardi Gras fans out there? Ya know, Mardi Gras is more than what
    you see on Girls Gone Wild! In fact, the stereotype associated with it is the smallest part of it!
    Naturally my favorite part of Carnival is the food! Anyone ever heard of King Cake? It is to
    Carnival what cookies are to Christmas. Here's a vintage King Cake Recipe that dates back to the
    late 19th century. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

    HAPPY CARNIVAL!

    New Orleans Lover

    Um, where is the recipe?

  3. Sami wrote:
    > "Love New Orleans" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > 3178.bay.webtv.net... Hi, all! Any Mardi Gras fans out there? Ya know, Mardi Gras is more than
    > what you see on Girls Gone Wild! In fact, the stereotype associated with it is the smallest part
    > of it! Naturally my favorite part of Carnival is the food! Anyone ever heard of King Cake? It is
    > to Carnival what cookies are to Christmas. Here's a vintage King Cake Recipe that dates back to
    > the late 19th century. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
    >
    > HAPPY CARNIVAL!
    >
    > New Orleans Lover
    >
    > Um, where is the recipe?

    It's probably a newsreader issue. On my reader the words "King Cake Recipe" are blue and I could
    click on the link to the recipe.

    --Charlene

    --
    Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. --
    James Bovard

    --

    email perronnelle at earthlink . net

  4. Sami

    Sami Guest

    "Charlene Charette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Sami wrote:
    > > "Love New Orleans" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > 3178.bay.webtv.net... Hi, all! Any Mardi Gras fans out there? Ya know, Mardi Gras is more than
    > > what you see on Girls Gone Wild! In fact, the stereotype associated with
    it
    > > is the smallest part of it! Naturally my favorite part of Carnival is
    the
    > > food! Anyone ever heard of King Cake? It is to Carnival what cookies are
    > > Christmas. Here's a vintage King Cake Recipe that dates back to the late 19th century. Give it a
    > > try and let me know what you think!
    > >
    > > HAPPY CARNIVAL!
    > >
    > > New Orleans Lover
    > >
    > > Um, where is the recipe?
    > >

    > It's probably a newsreader issue. On my reader the words "King Cake Recipe" are blue and I could
    > click on the link to the recipe.
    >
    > --Charlene
    >
    > --
    > Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. --
    > James Bovard
    >
    > --
    >
    > email perronnelle at earthlink . net

    Ok, could you post the recipe, then?