Marin hospitals are taking an integrated approach with acupuncture

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Anth, Apr 15, 2004.

  1. Anth

    Anth Guest

  2. >Well if you want a cool million - why not take up James Randi on his offer
    >and show him it works?
    >Anth

    Anth, read this outloud as you are reading it, perhaps that will facilitate
    comprehension: "I AM *NOT* an Acupuncturist".

    I wouldn't be qualified to demonstrate it and I am unsure if Acupuncture would
    qualify as paranormal.

    On the other hand, Sodophile, Sodomite, & Sodomologist, John "Sodomy" Bain had
    mentioned he was applying for the challenge. I wonder what happened with all
    that?

    >"I Dream of Ilsa9" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> >http://www.marinij.com/Stories/0,1413,234~24407~2078635,00.html
    >> >Anth
    >> >

    >> Its pretty obvious acupuncture works, Anth.

  3. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >From: [email protected]ltNull

    >Anth, read this outloud as you are reading it, perhaps that will facilitate
    >comprehension: "I AM *NOT* an Acupuncturist".

    Andrew Kingoff is a proven liar.

    Neither is there an ilsa, this is a fake name.

    From: John Bain ([email protected])
    Subject: Re: Aspartame: Any Truth to the Stories?
    Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative
    Date: 2002-09-22 04:26:41 PST

    [email protected]5554 (Ilsa Nein) writes:
    >Jan, I'm sure that this Andrew is a fine piece of beef-cake, but I don't see
    >why you air this fixation on MHA. Oh, and if you don't quit calling me
    >"fake ilsa", I'll report you to Karuna's knee-jerk ISP.

    But Andrew, you are not very good at maintaining your separate personas.
    Do you remember this interchange where you forgot which account you were
    posting from?
    -----------------
    Message 22
    From: Kris Brys ([email protected])
    Subject: Re: why do we need homeopathy?
    Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative
    View this article only
    Date: 2001-10-09 03:30:51 PST
    ----------------------
    "Ilsa Nein" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]
    > >I can say much more than one good thing about homeopathy. Not only do
    > >I love the principle that less can be more but it turns out to be the
    > >most 'proper' treatment I have ever received. I have used it SOLELY
    > >for 6 years.

    > So, you've been taking it for 6 years and you're not cured?

    Dear Ilsa,
    how many years do you use regular medicine? how many years do you take
    antibiotics. Did that cured you permanently?
    If you start thinking, even a couple of seconds, you will find out that
    people don't cure forever.
    A good advice: read Organon of Samuel Hahnemann. When you haven't read that
    book you will not understand what homeopathy is all about. Read it and than
    ask questions.

    greetings
    Kris
    ------
    Message 23 in thread
    From: JKingoff ([email protected])
    Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative
    View this article only
    Date: 2001-10-09 06:08:38 PST

    >Dear Ilsa,
    >how many years do you use regular medicine?

    I haven't needed regular medicine much. I have had my vaccinations, eat
    properly, exercise, and don't take silly risks.

    > how many years do you take
    >antibiotics

    I have taken antibiotics once. I was Rx'd a single pill.

    >. Did that cured you permanently?

    Well, I felt much better the following day and haven't taken one since and
    that
    was bout 6 years ago.

    >If you start thinking, even a couple of seconds, you will find out that
    >people don't cure forever.

    Duh. However, some conditions are resolved and in the absence of
    re-infection
    they don't reoccur.

    >A good advice: read Organon of Samuel Hahnemann. When you haven't read that
    >book you will not understand what homeopathy is all about. Read it and than
    >ask questions.

    I've read it and I've read more modern books on it. Its pure hokum and the
    few
    well controlled studies support that conclusion. Even the study that is
    frequently posted to MHA that supposedly proves homeopathy isn't even
    FAVORABLE
    to homeopathy.

    >greetings
    >Kris

    Show us a replicated, controlled, peer-reviewed study which show that
    homeopathy is efficacious. Homeopathy was Hahnemann's way of acting-out
    against "the system". It is nothing more than superstition, pseudo-science,
    and sympathetic magic.

    In the 21st century, we have real medicine and don't need to cling to the
    vanity of a long deceased, disaffected 18th century doctor of voodoo.