marin mill valley vs another bike

widgetr

Jul 16, 2010
I want to buy a road bike but it needs to have flatbars and I would like the most gears on it...........i am looking at the marin mill valley the price is around 1100.. and is light weight....what do you think out there...thanks janis

Looks like a nice bike. I also like the specs of the Marin "Lucas Valley" which is a slight downgrade in components for $400 less. Though they are listed as flat bar road bikes, both are geared a bit lower than a true road bike, have larger tires, and have tube angles more like a mountain/hybrid bike. Just something to consider.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you need a flat bar? A drop bar provides so many more hand positions.

Scotty_Dog said:
Looks like a nice bike. I also like the specs of the Marin "Lucas Valley" which is a slight downgrade in components for $400 less. Though they are listed as flat bar road bikes, both are geared a bit lower than a true road bike, have larger tires, and have tube angles more like a mountain/hybrid bike. Just something to consider.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you need a flat bar? A drop bar provides so many more hand positions.
I have neck issues and carpel tunnel in my hands and the flatbar help...Is there a bike out there that you could recommend? thanks janis

Mill Valley, Lucas Valley... do they do a Corte Madera model too?

They should do a tandem called 'Happy Valley' as a his and hers model. :p

swampy1970 said:
Mill Valley, Lucas Valley... do they do a Corte Madera model too?

They should do a tandem called 'Happy Valley' as a his and hers model. :p

you can go on Marin bikes and see

widgetr said:
Is there a bike out there that you could recommend? thanks janis

Because of your physical limitations, I don't have any blind recommendations to give you via the internet. I just suggest describing your issues to your local bike shop and riding several different styles of bikes.