Marine Corps Marathon training....please help

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Itchy Sanchez, Sep 14, 2003.

  1. Hello group, I was wondering if someone could help me. I have been running marathons every other
    year 7 years. In my most recent marathon I had my 7 year old daughter run with me. It was difficult
    for her to train, but did well finishing in 6 hours and 29 minutes. I ran it in 3 hours and 17
    minutes. My wife ran it in 4 hours and 6 minutes. Now my daughter is 9 and I expect her to be able
    to at least compete with my time. We plan on running the Marine Corps Marathon in DC so we have
    plenty of time to train. Right now we are consitantly running between 12 and 20 miles a week. There
    is only one problem. She hates to run. I have tried everything from buying her presents, to
    supporting her, to scolding and punishing her. Can anyone recommend any literature or training
    methods to inspire her to run and run faster then before. I may be pushing too hard. I want her to
    enjoy the sport as much as I have. Does anyone in the Portland Oregon area have a son or daughter
    close in age to my daughter that would like to be a training partner for her? I think that would
    help also.

    Thanks Manuel

    Tags:

  2. No....not a "troll" Anyone can run as an un official entry regardless of age. If you do not have any
    advice, then piss off.

  3. Gentolm

    Gentolm Guest

    i have seen this before ,,, gotta b troll plodzilla

    Itchy Sanchez wrote:

    > Hello group, I was wondering if someone could help me. I have been running marathons every other
    > year 7 years. In my most recent marathon I had my 7 year old daughter run with me. It was
    > difficult for her to train, but did well finishing in 6 hours and 29 minutes. I ran it in 3 hours
    > and 17 minutes. My wife ran it in 4 hours and 6 minutes. Now my daughter is 9 and I expect her to
    > be able to at least compete with my time. We plan on running the Marine Corps Marathon in DC so we
    > have plenty of time to train. Right now we are consitantly running between 12 and 20 miles a week.
    > There is only one problem. She hates to run. I have tried everything from buying her presents, to
    > supporting her, to scolding and punishing her. Can anyone recommend any literature or training
    > methods to inspire her to run and run faster then before. I may be pushing too hard. I want her to
    > enjoy the sport as much as I have. Does anyone in the Portland Oregon area have a son or daughter
    > close in age to my daughter that would like to be a training partner for her? I think that would
    > help also.
    >
    > Thanks Manuel

  4. My daughter will probably beat your time. PAY THIS MAN HIS MONEY!

  5. >i have seen this before ,,,

    I hope so, he's posted it at least twice now.

    Bill R.

    OO ?
    >-----<

  6. Working the streets by becoming an amazing athlete.

  7. Pay this man his money!