Marine Corps Marathon training....please help

Itchy Sanchez

Guest
Hello group, I was wondering if someone could help me. I have been running marathons every other
year 7 years. In my most recent marathon I had my 7 year old daughter run with me. It was difficult
for her to train, but did well finishing in 6 hours and 29 minutes. I ran it in 3 hours and 17
minutes. My wife ran it in 4 hours and 6 minutes. Now my daughter is 9 and I expect her to be able
to at least compete with my time. We plan on running the Marine Corps Marathon in DC so we have
plenty of time to train. Right now we are consitantly running between 12 and 20 miles a week. There
is only one problem. She hates to run. I have tried everything from buying her presents, to
supporting her, to scolding and punishing her. Can anyone recommend any literature or training
methods to inspire her to run and run faster then before. I may be pushing too hard. I want her to
enjoy the sport as much as I have. Does anyone in the Portland Oregon area have a son or daughter
close in age to my daughter that would like to be a training partner for her? I think that would
help also.

Thanks Manuel

No....not a "troll" Anyone can run as an un official entry regardless of age. If you do not have any
advice, then ********.

i have seen this before ,,, gotta b troll plodzilla

Itchy Sanchez wrote:

> Hello group, I was wondering if someone could help me. I have been running marathons every other
> year 7 years. In my most recent marathon I had my 7 year old daughter run with me. It was
> difficult for her to train, but did well finishing in 6 hours and 29 minutes. I ran it in 3 hours
> and 17 minutes. My wife ran it in 4 hours and 6 minutes. Now my daughter is 9 and I expect her to
> be able to at least compete with my time. We plan on running the Marine Corps Marathon in DC so we
> have plenty of time to train. Right now we are consitantly running between 12 and 20 miles a week.
> There is only one problem. She hates to run. I have tried everything from buying her presents, to
> supporting her, to scolding and punishing her. Can anyone recommend any literature or training
> methods to inspire her to run and run faster then before. I may be pushing too hard. I want her to
> enjoy the sport as much as I have. Does anyone in the Portland Oregon area have a son or daughter
> close in age to my daughter that would like to be a training partner for her? I think that would
> help also.
>
> Thanks Manuel

My daughter will probably beat your time. PAY THIS MAN HIS MONEY!

>i have seen this before ,,,

I hope so, he's posted it at least twice now.

Bill R.

OO ?